John McGinn

PompeyVillan

I'm glad he got the SJM chant when he came on and Young made the gesture of giving him the armband.  Even if his immediate future is on the bench I still wouldn't write him completely off.  Just a bit of time out the team and a manager that can structure a midfield so he doesn't have to cover the full back would do him the world of good.

55 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Thought he was a step slow and a cut below everyone else.

Think he should only be played further-up the field - cameos only please

But even there I'd still have him behind all those who started today, as well as Ramsey and even Coutinho 

Would rather have seen Sanson get some 1st team minutes in his legs. 

I don't want to rag on John but things slowed down and passes went astray again. The feel-good vibes from the game probably stopped the grumbles but if he were brought on at 0-0 and the same performance was there then it would be a bit more brutal. 

I honestly think it would be a good time to move on from McGinn either in Jan or the Summer. He'd fetch a good price and he himself probably needs a fresh start. 

I keep trying to convince myself he's good enough, and at times he's been our best midfielder but over the last 12 months, I've come to the conclusion we have to improve on him. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I honestly think it would be a good time to move on from McGinn either in Jan or the Summer. He'd fetch a good price and he himself probably needs a fresh start. 

I keep trying to convince myself he's good enough, and at times he's been our best midfielder but over the last 12 months, I've come to the conclusion we have to improve on him. 

Think he will stay another season and then be off to Rangers for like 5mill.

44 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeah I agree, especially if we are playing 4 2 3 1 often. We've Tim and Aaron coming back from good spells in Championship to add to the squad. We've Kamara, Dendoncker, JJ & Luiz. Sanson, Naka and McGinn might be best moving on

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah I agree, especially if we are playing 4 2 3 1 often. We've Tim and Aaron coming back from good spells in Championship to add to the squad. We've Kamara, Dendoncker, JJ & Luiz. Sanson, Naka and McGinn might be best moving on

Agree that these are the three that need to go. 

Kamara, Luiz, Dendonker, Ramsey and Tim (unless he goes out on loan again) should be enough. We'd probably be looking to add one more in there as well in either window so we need to make room. 

We definitely need to sign a winger or two in the next couple of window as well. 

Â