John McGinn

PompeyVillan

9 hours ago, Thug said:

How can any player be judged properly under the non-manager that was Stevie G?

Every player regressed.  Every player looked like they were wearing shackles.  No player knew what they were doing.  It was just a horrific, horrific ‘system’.

He may still be awful, or he might get his mojo back when he’s asked to perform to his strengths.

The point being, let’s see.  Rather than write him off now.

Clean slate for ALL.

McGinn was poor for a long time before Gerrard arrived though.

TBF to Mcginn, he is tenacious, as a DM in a well drilled system where everybody is in no doubt of their roles and he doesn't start pinging diagonal balls around, well he could be quite good - that butt may still has a part to play (keneth gif??)

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

TBF to Mcginn, he is tenacious, as a DM in a well drilled system where everybody is in no doubt of their roles and he doesn't start pinging diagonal balls around, well he could be quite good - that butt may still has a part to play (keneth gif??)

When Kamara is fit, who are you going to drop out of Luiz, Dedoncker or Kamara to put him there, a position where he's even poorer than he is now?

• Like 1

He's never a DM. Can fit it in in front of the double pivot behind the striker in certain matches.

Be interesting to see if he manages to get himself in to the team under Emery. Good squad player to have.

8 hours ago, Jareth said:

He doesnt have the technical and tactical awareness and discipline to play the position a bit like the person that made him captain. 

Its why its hilarious people sometimes say we could sell him abroad. He would be a 2nd division player at best in Europe

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Mcginn should be 5th choice for basically any role in midfield.

DMs - Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker, Sanson, Chambers

8 - Luiz, Sanson, Kamara, Ramsey

10 - Buendia, Ramsey, Luiz, Sanson, Coutinho

throw in Tim & Aaron Ramsey next year

17 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Come on McGinn. You have been on park for 5 minutes and done nothing. I blame him for this defeat. 

Are you his brother or something...

He's been pretty average and rubbish for a couple of seasons now, he's just not a PL player.

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Are you his brother or something...

He's been pretty average and rubbish for a couple of seasons now, he's just not a PL player.

He has been shocking but so has virtually every Villa player for the majority of season. My argument is, the fan base like a scapegoat and McGinn has been given that accolade. I am a massive SJM fan and on previous posts, I have said he should be dropped. It has annoyed me that he has been singled out though. Today sort of highlights it. He is just part of a massive problem. 

27 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

He has been shocking but so has virtually every Villa player for the majority of season. My argument is, the fan base like a scapegoat and McGinn has been given that accolade. I am a massive SJM fan and on previous posts, I have said he should be dropped. It has annoyed me that he has been singled out though. Today sort of highlights it. He is just part of a massive problem. 

Thought Dendoncker-Luiz was good first half today. Annoying Doug lost the ball in build up to first goal as he was winning the battle in first half.

I assume one of McGinn or Ramsey will return next week as Emery will want to look at how some of our regulars fare under his management you'd suspect before the break.

Â