John McGinn

PompeyVillan

7 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I am aware that McGinn has a strange stature, but I don't understand how a person can work out every day, get fed by professional chefs according to a strictly regulated and individually optimized diet and not be absolutely shredded.

I dont get how it looks like he's doubled in volume since opening day vs spurs. I thought his extra weight came from the injury and he'd eventually lose it all. Instead he's done a gabby put on all that extra muscle and lost whatever made him playable in the first place.ย 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i would laugh hard at that.

But i think i will cry instead.

f****** shocking that McGinn is Gerrards key player.

Shouldnt even be in the starting 11.

At this point I'm so disgusted with him that I wouldn't have him in the match day squad (that's probably hyperbole but I can't stand the sight of him playing right now).ย 

Look he's not played well. He'll know that.

He needs to get back to basics. Get into recovery tomorrow and give it 110% in training Monday.

Full chicken suit.

Practice that hand clapping and geeing up the boys. A grueling 2 hour session of banter and character building.

• Haha 2

Just now, MotoMkali said:

At this point I'm so disgusted with him that I wouldn't have him in the match day squad (that's probably hyperbole but I can't stand the sight of him playing right now).ย 

i feel similar.

I like McGinn as a person, he's clearly a good bloke, but Gerrards persistence to play him, come hell or high water, when anyone with a brain can see he simply isnt that good, then make him captain, just makes you slightly more angry and exasperated every time, to the point that i want to throw the cat out the window when i see McGinn in the 11 again, regardless of how s*** he plays, week in, week out, its like slow torture.

(note: no cats were harmed in the writing of this most)

Itโ€™s worrying that this guy is going to start most games (Iโ€™m not interested in what Gerrard said about no one being guaranteed a place, in most teams the captain starts most weeks)ย 

So even if we buy another midfielder it means no Luiz (which convinced him to leave in a free) and no Ramsey whoโ€™s our hope for the future.ย 
ย 

Ive always felt that JM is a massive problem for this team. The fact our manager has made him captain is truly staggering.ย 

44 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i would laugh hard at that.

But i think i will cry instead.

f****** shocking that McGinn is Gerrards key player.

Shouldnt even be in the starting 11.

It's absolutely unbelievable ain't it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ซ

He's good bloke to have around yeah? A leader not a chance!! How Gerrard has made him captain is worth the sack alone. I look at Henderson (who I don't like by the way), he is captain material, shouting at the players, geeing them up, kicking there ass. McGinn, I bet he told them all a English, Irish, Scottish joke when they got back in the changing rooms. Bad bad decision for me!

1 hour ago, Wurzel said:

Just my opinion, but he shouldn't be captain, he is ripe to be replaced if we are to improve, he would be a squad player, not first name on the team sheet.ย 

Couldn't agree more.

ร—
ร—
ร‚