John McGinn

PompeyVillan

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Comically lost the ball a couple of times, one nearly led to a goal.

Watching McGinn failing to control or pass a football properly, when we have some sublime passers like Carlos, Coutinho, Kamara etc around him, just makes it all the more painful to watch.

Didn't even track back after losing it, Coutinho was trying to clean up his mess while he jogged back

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nobody is mentioning this. Just his faults. Doesn’t seem fair considering that cross was almost like a goal. It looked easier to score.

Watkins was about 14 yards out and the keeper was set on his line

Was a good cross and the header was dreadful but it wasn't a guaranteed goal

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nobody is mentioning this. Just his faults. Doesn’t seem fair considering that cross was almost like a goal. It looked easier to score.

yup. people just straight up demonizing this player thats why nobody is trying to debate these people.

what can you tell a person who says that mcginn is the worst player we hawe and he only had 3 good games in 2 seasons and he is beying picked just because hes friends with a manager.

there is zero rationality you just dont waste your time with people who are  saying stuff like this.

Edited by Tumblerseven
reeeee
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Watkins was about 14 yards out and the keeper was set on his line

Was a good cross and the header was dreadful but it wasn't a guaranteed goal

Hit the target that’s most likely a goal. That ain’t the point anyway. If going to constantly criticise the man at least mention something he did well now and then. Otherwise just starts to look like an agenda. 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nobody is demonizing McGinn or hates McGinn

Truth is he isnt good enough to start for a team looking to finish top half in Premier League and him being awarded the captaincy means he will play every week when he was previously the weakest player in our starting 11

yes yes i know you just "criticizing managers pick decisions" i know that excuse i heard it before.

hey and thanks for telling me that hate doesnt exist. i got confused when i saw that dude yesterday who said he hopes that coutinho and mcginn will get injured for like 10 games. stupid me

Edited by Tumblerseven
reeee
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nobody is demonizing McGinn or hates McGinn

Truth is he isnt good enough to start for a team looking to finish top half in Premier League and him being awarded the captaincy means he will play every week when he was previously the weakest player in our starting 11

Come on mate, An opinion isn’t the truth.  He is good enough, he just needs to improve on certain areas of his game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Which he hasnt done in 3 seasons in the Premier League

I dont and many others dont hate McGinn but him starting weekly when we have better options like last season is turning sections of the fanbase on him

Exactly this, we are trying to get to the next level and McGinn isn’t going to help us get to that with him starting most games, we need better in that position 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Come on mate, An opinion isn’t the truth.  He is good enough, he just needs to improve on certain areas of his game. 

'He is good enough' - I think we have more than enough big a sample size to say that he's not.

'He just needs to improve on certain areas of his game' - Surely you could say this about any player, and contradicts the point that you say he's good enough.

• Thanks 1

Everyone can always strive to be better but people asking 27 year olds to improve aspects of their game just isn't going to happen.

You are what you are. McGinn will always be someone with a ping a good technique and good at buying fouls but someone who will always get caught out on the ball in tight spaces and someone who really really struggles to get on the ball against opposition that aren't bottom 6-8(?) material.

He is what he is and he shouldn't be undroppable and regardless of performances he has been. He's even unsubbale for some reason. Even when he's absolutely on his arse and spent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Even when he's absolutely on his arse and spent.

I think this does a lot of damage to how he's perceived too. It's not uncommon for him to be absolutely gassed, it's even most of his mistakes come in, and he still doesn't get taken off, it's bizarre.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think this does a lot of damage to how he's perceived too. It's not uncommon for him to be absolutely gassed, it's even most of his mistakes come in, and he still doesn't get taken off, it's bizarre.

Mistake he made yesterday i think was about 70 minutes in and he was struggling

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Which he hasnt done in 3 seasons in the Premier League

I dont and many others dont hate McGinn but him starting weekly when we have better options like last season is turning sections of the fanbase on him

In your opinion!

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

'He is good enough' - I think we have more than enough big a sample size to say that he's not.

'He just needs to improve on certain areas of his game' - Surely you could say this about any player, and contradicts the point that you say he's good enough.

Not really. McGinn has shown he is good enough many a time. He’s just the new scapegoat. If and when he gets replaced another one will be found in no time. It’s classic football fan mentality. Never changes.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not really. McGinn has shown he is good enough many a time. He’s just the new scapegoat. If and when he gets replaced another one will be found in no time. It’s classic football fan mentality. Never changes.

It's not mate. It's just recognising McGinn's limitations glaring us in the face.

• Like 1

Â