John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, useless said:

I can understand thinking we need to sign better in the summer, but can't understand all the uproar that he's starting games at the moment, I hate to break it to people but the reason he's starting games is because we have no better options. It's not because he's some Gerrard favorite as some are tyring to frame it, he would be playing if Smith was still manager, or if pretty much anyone else was manager.

I would play Chukwuemeka instead of him now. I also think Sanson is a better player. You could also play Chambers as a 6 and 2 from JJ, Sanson, Luiz, Tim and Chuk. McGinn doesn't have to start.

• Like 1

Great performance today from Ginny , it may go against the grain with quite a few on here but this guy is nowhere near the scrapheap ,he’s plenty good enough for where we are and where we are going 

• Like 1

Not getting played in his strongest position and it shows. 1st half he was mostly annonomus. Would not be upset if he left in the summer. Steve is not going to play him where he is most effective. Spends most of his games as a passenger. 

Highest rated player on BBC player ratings, 3rd highest on WhoScored, BBC MotM, praise from the manager in his post match who singled him, Ings and Watkins out. 

Log onto VT and you'd think he'd scored 3 own goals 🤣

Never change lads. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Highest rated player on BBC player ratings, 3rd highest on WhoScored, BBC MotM, praise from the manager in his post match who singled him, Ings and Watkins out. 

Log onto VT and you'd think he'd scored 3 own goals 🤣

Never change lads. 

He does a lot of things well, but if we want to be a possession based side he can’t be one of our midfielders 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

He really needs to go when our midfield is renewed in the summer. 

He doesn't really need to go. He would be a superb option from the bench, if he is happy to be a rotation player keep him around. He's also a key figure in the changing room.

Â