John McGinn

PompeyVillan

4 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

One of our best players. Passing was excellent, stopped their breakaways with key tackles, started attacks, drove forward. There is no way you can believe he didnt do anything. Clear agenda and quite weird tbh

I have a different opinion to you so I have an agenda? ok mate

4 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Surprised by that - I thought he ran the game.

Billy Gilmour ran the game. Our midfield were chasing the ball for most of the 90 minutes. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He made one excellent tackle that prevented a counterattack. Other than that, I didn't notice him at all.

Same here. One of the most overrated players we've ever had.

• Like 1

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8786122/john-mcginn-sfwa-scotland-poty-diet-backside/?utm_campaign=native_share&utm_source=sharebar_native&utm_medium=sharebar_native

McGinn said: “It’s been up and down so far.

“With the money we’ve spent and the squad we’ve got, at the moment we’re definitely under-achieving.

“But since the manager came in, he’s been first class with me.

“As a midfielder I’m learning all the time.

“Having him and Gary Mac to learn from — two of the Premier League’s greatest midfielders — that’s priceless for me.

“I feel like I’m getting better all the time.

“Some people might not think I am but I certainly feel like I’m improving.

“I’m getting games under my belt in the Premier League and hopefully next season we can finish as high as the manager believes we can.

“I’m as ambitious as him, I’m hungry to succeed

6 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

By saying "he did nothing" in a game he played very well in and was heavily involved shows an agenda or that you didn't watch the game.

No it doesn't. Think you might need to look up the word "agenda"

And I was at the game, thanks. I don't think he played very well. At all. 

Edited by Stevo985

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No it doesn't. Think you might need to look up the word "agenda"

And I was at the game, thanks. I don't think he played very well. At all. 

What did you think he did badly, out of interest? 

I was actually reasonably impressed with him for a change - thought he did his job well. 

44 minutes ago, lexicon said:

What did you think he did badly, out of interest? 

I was actually reasonably impressed with him for a change - thought he did his job well. 

I thought his passing was poor, his ball control was poor he lost possession several times and his decision making was poor. 

Im not sure why I’ve been labelled as having an agenda. I’ve been a huge fan of McGinn since he signed. He was immense for us in the championship and he was one of the reasons we managed to stay in the premier league when we got here. 

However I think he has a ceiling that he’s hit with us, he’s not in particularly good form and yesterday was a poor performance from him

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stoobs said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8786122/john-mcginn-sfwa-scotland-poty-diet-backside/?utm_campaign=native_share&utm_source=sharebar_native&utm_medium=sharebar_native

“I feel like I’m getting better all the time.

“Some people might not think I am but I certainly feel like I’m improving.

McGinn calls out VillaTalk!

;)

I thought he was quite average yesterday, he wasnt even the best Scottish player in midfield

If he was so good we wouldnt have had less possession than **** Norwich

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Name anything he did wrong yesterday?

See below:

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought his passing was poor, his ball control was poor he lost possession several times and his decision making was poor. 

5 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Any negativity towards him yesterday is nonsense and shows, like tyrone before him, he will get stick from certain fans regardless of what he does.

Absolute bollocks:

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

II’ve been a huge fan of McGinn since he signed. He was immense for us in the championship and he was one of the reasons we managed to stay in the premier league when we got here. 

However I think he has a ceiling that he’s hit with us, he’s not in particularly good form and yesterday was a poor performance from him

People are allowed a different opinion to you without having an agenda. 
Why is it me that has a pre conceived notion of McGinn and not you? I'm not the only one in this thread saying he had a poor game. And I know there were plenty in the ground thinking he had a poor game.
Why is it not you who is letting their preconceived opinion of McGinn cloud their judgement?

I'd rather have Billy Gilmore here than John McGinn to be honest, any chance? Like has been said, he has hit his ceiling. If the media rate him so much maybe we can get big money for him and move him on. Can't see many teams sniffing around though.

Yes he's useful, but I would much rather have someone in his role who we actually notice. It's like at the moment if you gave him a rest on the bench, no one would actually miss him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I'd rather have Billy Gilmore here than John McGinn to be honest, any chance? Like has been said, he has hit his ceiling. If the media rate him so much maybe we can get big money for him and move him on. Can't see many teams sniffing around though.

Yes he's useful, but I would much rather have someone in his role who we actually notice. It's like at the moment if you gave him a rest on the bench, no one would actually miss him.

The perfect upgrade for mcginn would be gallagher. Gilmour is the one who has been media hyped.

Currently though, mcginn should stay and start until we are anywhere near upgrading to that quality.

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The perfect upgrade for mcginn would be gallagher. Gilmour is the one who has been media hyped.

Currently though, mcginn should stay and start until we are anywhere near upgrading to that quality.

Gilmour is 20 years old, so has plenty of time to improve. Gallagher is 22, and is far superior McGinn who is 27, speaks volumes really. 

I always think, if McGinn is this great player, as Gerrard also thinks, why is he not captain? I love Ming's but I have to say he is useless as captain!

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Gilmour is 20 years old, so has plenty of time to improve. Gallagher is 22, and is far superior McGinn who is 27, speaks volumes really. 

I always think, if McGinn is this great player, as Gerrard also thinks, why is he not captain? I love Ming's but I have to say he is useless as captain!

I agree with you gilmour may improve, but right now id rather mcginn. Gallagher is better than mcginn, likd i said, but we are not getting gallagher.

Mings is a leader, we always look worse when he doesnt play - thats why he's most likely captain. Mcginn is vice captain. If it comes down to being a great player why not have coutinho as captain?

My impression after watching on Saturday was that he wasn't that good but also that he wasn't that bad either. But after watching the replay I thought he was probably our second best player after Mings, his passing was really good, other than one that he over hit but Cash still managed to get to, I can't recall any that missed their target, and made some crucial tackles. If we want to become a top six or seven side, he's probably one we will have to eventually upgrade, but against Norwich he had a very good game.

• Like 3

Â