John McGinn

PompeyVillan

10 hours ago, osmark86 said:

This guy is the real deal. What a fantastic signing this is shaping up to be. Plays with heart and has bags of skill.

This. 

McGinn has a wand of a left foot. However, after that Brentford thug put that x rated stamp on his calf, I just hope he'll get protection from refs and his team mates. I got a horrible feeling he's gonna be targeted just like grealish is.

10 hours ago, osmark86 said:

This guy is the real deal. What a fantastic signing this is shaping up to be. Plays with heart and has bags of skill. Love him more than his mother already.

His mother will be disappointed when she finds out that you don't love her so much anymore.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

His mother will be disappointed when she finds out that you don't love her so much anymore.

she will have to deal with the loss of my affection and her inability to love the fruit of her loans to the same extent as I

3 hours ago, osmark86 said:

she will have to deal with the loss of my affection and her inability to love the fruit of her loans to the same extent as I

She got the baby John McGinn in return for lending money???

Even more amazing!!! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

She got the baby John McGinn in return for lending money???

Even more amazing!!! ?

Oh balls....

Damn you auto-correct! Damn you to hell!

Edit: he isn't adopted by any chance is he??

Edited by osmark86

6 minutes ago, Hibsfan said:

Great to see him doing so well.  

Enjoyed watching the game last night,  thought he had a decent game.

interesting you’re talking about him being a bargain,  what’s the general consensus with regards to the fee that was paid?   Up here it’s anything ranging between £2.1m-£4m.  Tbh I was a bit disappointed to hear the commentator saying last night it was less than £3m.

incidentally,  Celtic were trying to buy him for £1.5m and the general tone from the (Glasgow) press was that Hibs were in the wrong for standing in his way of his dream move.  In the off chance you ever wonder how Scottish football clubs outside of the old firm don’t compete,  there’s your answer.  Thankfully most of us are now on a stable enough footing financially to be able to reject those offers now.

My understanding was that it was £2.7m.  In which case it's an outrageous bargain.  He'd have been a steal at that fee 25 years ago.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

My understanding was that it was £2.7m.  In which case it's an outrageous bargain.  He'd have been a steal at that fee 25 years ago.

Cheers.  Think I mentioned earlier that we were due st Mirren 33% of the fee as a development fee.  If the fee was £4m that would mean we’d have got the £2.7m you say so I wonder if we’ve accepted that and passed the responsibility of the sell on % to you to pay St Mirren (or negotiate a different deal).

I may just be clutching at straws though and tbf if it is £2.7m but with sell on or other incentives then it could still work out a good deal for us with the market being the way it is in England.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

What’s his song? Couldn’t catch the end of it

We've got John McGinn

Super John McGinn

I just don't think you understand

He's Steve Bruces man

He's better than Zidane

We've got super John McGinn

51 minutes ago, Hibsfan said:

interesting you’re talking about him being a bargain,  what’s the general consensus with regards to the fee that was paid?   Up here it’s anything ranging between £2.1m-£4m.  Tbh I was a bit disappointed to hear the commentator saying last night it was less than £3m.

incidentally,  Celtic were trying to buy him for £1.5m and the general tone from the (Glasgow) press was that Hibs were in the wrong for standing in his way of his dream move.  In the off chance you ever wonder how Scottish football clubs outside of the old firm don’t compete,  there’s your answer.  Thankfully most of us are now on a stable enough footing financially to be able to reject those offers now.

£1.5m is an absolute joke of an offer. We had the same with Spurs and Jack this season. Yes the fees mentioned were much bigger, but its still the same thing, big clubs trying fleece smaller clubs of their best assets for peanuts. 

It's why a hate the game sometimes, but then i guess everyone does it. We've done it to you (no disrespect), and with the money we gave you you'll probably go and nick tbe best player of a club of a smaller stature than your own. It hurts, but i guess thats football. 

Out of interest, and excuse my ignorance of Scottish football, what does £2.7m represent to yourselves? Is it sufficient to bring in 1 or 2 replacements?

Edited by av1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

£1.5m is an absolute joke of an offer. We had the same with Spurs and Jack this season. Yes the fee mentioned were much bigger, but its still the same thing, big clubs trying fleece smaller clubs of their best assets for peanuts. 

It's why a hate the game sometimes, but then i guess everyone does it. We've done it to you (no disrespect), and with the money we gave you you'll probably go and nick tbe best player of a club of a smaller stature of your own. It hurts, but i guess thats football. 

Out of interest, and excuse my ignorance of Scottish football, what does £2.7m represent to yourselves? Is it sufficient to bring in 1 or 2 replacements?

If it is £2.7m then it will help but it won’t go that far tbh.

We would have to give 33% of that to St Mirren (I can’t be bothered doing the maths), we also need to build an indoor training facility as part of a project to improve Scottish football (project brave),  that’s going to cost around £1m.

The remaining money will help increase our maximum wage a bit but we probably still won’t be able to buy a player for decent money,  any player costing anything more than a couple hundred grand would want wages we can’t afford or couldn’t sustain once the transfer money goes.

It’s a bit rubbish but I’m alright with it,  I like the fact we’re bringing through young players in Scotland now and I prefer that to spending fortunes on garbage that don’t care as they know they’ll be off in 6 months anyway.  I look at all the money being spent in English football and I don’t really envy your game at all,  I’m sure you’d rather be out of it but I prefer watching the English Championship to the Premiership for those reasons.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, av1 said:

£1.5m is an absolute joke of an offer. We had the same with Spurs and Jack this season. Yes the fees mentioned were much bigger, but its still the same thing, big clubs trying fleece smaller clubs of their best assets for peanuts. 

It's why a hate the game sometimes, but then i guess everyone does it. We've done it to you (no disrespect), and with the money we gave you you'll probably go and nick tbe best player of a club of a smaller stature than your own. It hurts, but i guess thats football. 

We are not a smaller club. We are a bigger club in a lower league. 

Thank you and goodnight.

23 hours ago, hippo said:

How did the ref not see that stamp on him - I saw it  from the DE stand, and was convinced a red was coming - actually I think he must have seen it but bottled it.

Indeed - but equally how did he not see Jedis elbow moments before, as we clearly did from the Upper Holte !

He wasn’t biased, or, in my view, bottling things,  he was just dreadful.

19 hours ago, Hibsfan said:

If he was £10m he'd be considered a bargain to be honest, looking at all the terrible players we've spunked 8 figures on in the past ten years.

I think he's already my favourite player! I can see why you folks loved him.

• Like 1

Â