John McGinn

PompeyVillan

He’s possibly our most important player. He’s a great link between defence and attack, has a great footballing brain, a great eye for a pass, has great delivery and is tough as nails.

He reminds me of a young Paul Scholes. And he helps provide another threat other than Grealish. His pressing is insane.

Massive player for us.  

• Like 1

He has a very good overview of players around him. Sometimes he'd send of a pass, that looks sloppy, and with out a target. But it magically pass two three opposition players to land in a villa players feet. Anyone else noticed this? You're sure it's a missplaced pass, but oh no, its a good one! 

• Like 1

At one point tonight two of their players were playing head tennis and Mcginn still challenged both of them in the air. Not sure how that is possible, but he did it Think he may have won a free kick too. He is all action, and it has to be said, is a better footballer can spot and has a better pass on him than Hourihane. He is a level above.

£3m-£4m. **** me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We lost it in the second half when he and Whelan, who both played really well, tired. Bruce should have freshened it up then. I really like this guy. He is what we have needed for so long. Needs to play alongside Bjarneson in my mind though.

The has a awful lot of ability, but his work rate is outstanding. I have absolutely no doubt that this kid will be a PL player next season, whether it's with or without us. 

Like Jack, the kkd is simply to good to spend to much time in this league. 

I watched him for the first time at tonights game. Very impressed.

He seems to know what is going to happen around him before it's happened... like a chess player that can see several moves ahead. But he he also has great desire,  an incredible workrate, an ability to close down the opposition and win the ball high up the pitch, and is one of the few players that can pick passes that don't seem very obvious from up in the stands.

Best buy since Benteke

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He’s damn good isn’t he!? Super John McGinn is fantastic.

The exciting part is he's only going to improve as we add more quality players around him. Bolasie and El Ghazi to the right and left of him? Grealish just infront? McGinn is going to thrive with this kind of talent around him. 

• Like 1

Fantastic business bringing this lad in. As our Hibs fans who visited told us, he works his socks off all game long. Coupled with this, he can pass, cross, shoot and tackle better than most in the squad. 

Real deal. Absolute bargain too. 

Â