Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

3 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

How?! Please enlighten me. That is 2 superb saves.

He saves them allright, but I feel like he could've come a little out and caught the ball as ut rolled slowly to the striker. So, not purely excellent goalkeeping, but decent.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He saves them allright, but I feel like he could've come a little out and caught the ball as ut rolled slowly to the striker. So, not purely excellent goalkeeping, but decent.

Jedinak looks like he missed it or leaves it so i'm not sure how Nyland is supposed to anticipate that.

When I assess a player, I just look at their capabilities. This guy is very capable. He looks like a proper keeper. He has made a few mistakes but he is in a new league/country. He must be afforded time. He has better basic skills than Sam J in my view. Let’s support him and give him a fair crack.

Totally stuck to his line.

Any number of crosses came over which the keeper should easily pluck out of the air but caused dangerous situations because he just stayed rooted to his line.

One of them was about 2 steps in front of him and I couldn't believe he didn't come for. 

You don't need a great keeper in this division but you do need someone who can catch or properly punch crosses. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Totally stuck to his line.

Any number of crosses came over which the keeper should easily pluck out of the air but caused dangerous situations because he just stayed rooted to his line.

One of them was about 2 steps in front of him and I couldn't believe he didn't come for. 

You don't need a great keeper in this division but you do need someone who can catch or properly punch crosses. 

He's too nervous to come off the line, and then when he does it's reckless. He has to improve, hopefully he will since he clearly is our number one this season.

17 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Nah not for me.

If Jedinak isn't there then yes, you'd be right.

But he's expecting Jedinak to clear that, as is everyone else. He can't commit to the ball before that or he'd be in no man's land if it got a deflection or anything. He has to assume the defender is clearing it. That leaves him not enough time to react once Jedinak misses it.

It's a superb save. 

• Like 3

Â