• Grealish
    • Kodjia
    • Green (Adomah 67)
    • Hepburn-Murphy (Kodjia 77)
    • Bjarnason (Grealish 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/18 at 13:00

Trademark Bruce. Not pretty but effective. Good chance to win 2 on the spin with Wigan at home Saturday. 

Green looked lively when he came on, and RHM did more than Kodjia for me. 

Hopefully we line up with Grealish still for the next game. 

Great away win. Well done boys and Brucey. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The fans were absolutely fantastic, could hear them sing all game, and the Grealish songs towards the end were thrilling. Poor Hull, so many empty seats!!

Green looked really bright, and good to see RHM get some time as well.

Delighted for Hutton!!

Agreed. Almost felt like a home game!

• Like 1

We can play a lot better than that. Hull are poor and we got the job done. Lots to improve on but job well done. 

I think we defo need a centre half and another creative midfielder. Maybe even a new striker. Keeper display was encouraging.

Happy for Elmo and Hutton. I wasn’t on Villa talk during the game but no doubt everyone was screaming for him to be subbed even though he was playing well. Goal deserved and motm goes to one of the above. Elmo nicked it for me.

i thought Grealish showed nice neat touches but strolled for most the game. Looked like he was more concerned about getting injured than getting stuck in. It’s a shame as he is the one genuine talent in our team. 

Looking at the fixtures coming up we’ve got a fantastic chance to build up a good lead. Crucial we do is because the run of games around Xmas looks scary. 

Elphick and Kjodia the low points. Thought steer did pretty well - certainly doesn't look a downgrade on Johnson.

Jack a different class - apart from him no real standout performers. Pretty sure we will get a striker in some shape or form before Aug 31

Good result, but at times our play was agricultural. Steer did well after his early mistake and Huttinho's mazy run showed the rest of them what can happen when you run directly. Hepburn Murphy looked good in his cameo. The first 11 is likely to change a fair bit over the next few days if reports of the incomings are accurate and that offers hope of something a bit more fluent. Most of anything that was decent went through Jack, so God knows how we'll fare without him. Don't trust Elphick at all. 

• Like 1

Nice comfortable win for an opening game.

Hourihane played well, Hutton played well, Grealish had a good first half then strolled the second.

Credit where it is due to Bruce, made the right changes at the right times, would have been easy to take Elmo off and switch Adomah to the right side but made the right decision.

Only negative for me was Elphick, decent finish but looked way off the pace for me

I don’t want to alarm anyone but, I watched a full game live and we won. This almost never happens. 

I think this is a sign that we’re going to win the league.??

Paddy power Ladbrokes etc. should all just pay out now. 

• Like 1

Any win first game of the season is a brilliant win.
Crucial we get off to a good start, get points on the board, get momentum.
This is a start.

Now let's get busy in the market, because we won't keep getting away with playing some of these lads.

That 3 points considering the team put out is an absolute bonus to me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

i thought Grealish showed nice neat touches but strolled for most the game. Looked like he was more concerned about getting injured than getting stuck in. It’s a shame as he is the one genuine talent in our team.  

Strolling is his style.  The comment about fear of injury seems unfair.  He got stuck in on several occasions, to the point where I thought he was being reckless, as a player awaiting a move.

• Like 3

16/17 - first game defeat, mid-table finish

17/18 - first game draw, play-offs

18/19 - first game victory, ???

Having said that, we won the first game in one of our worst seasons of all time so you never know...

• Like 2

Obviously great to win the opening game, first time since Rudy at Bournemouth.

Not too convinced that Grealish will stay based on what I saw after the game; before today I was pretty confident he’d be staying. Not often that he’s subbed off plus his clapping the fans after. Hope I’m being paranoid.

Love that Hutton got a goal! 

All in all we need to be better moving forward, hopefully Green will start on Saturday.

Â