Top Posters In This Topic

I’d go and take Kodjia off for RHM

and then I’d take Taylor off for Green and line up like this:

Steer

Elmo    Elphick     Chester   Hutton

Whelan

Adomah Hourihane Grealish Green

RHM

then give Whelan until 65 mins and then put Birkir on for him.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

So many times (as last season and the one before) we just inexplicably fail to deliver simple passes with any accuracy or failure to even make the simple obvious pass in the first place. It's just so so frustrating. 

I just don't get this. This is rendered even worse by a total lack of movement. You would think our players are drilled enough to move into spaces where they should expect passes but it appears we always stop in our tracks and look for players. It slows the game down so much. 

• Like 1

Gabby esque performance by Kodia, absolutely appalling. He should be thrown off at half time.

Hull seem very poor, we look as poor and the next goal wins it.

Really concerned how shaky Chester has been today, all over the place!

Grealish has been superb, has put everything in it today. Elmo's work ethic hasn't gone unnoticed either, and has probably been one of the better players. 

• Like 1

RHM has barely kicked a ball in months, come on people.

It is not the game to bring him on, and it isn't going to do Kodj any good subbing him off at HT. Yeah, he's frustrating but he's the only senior striker and Bruce needs to get him firing.

Are we playing slow deliberately because Whelan is a pensioner and can't keep up.

I just don't understand why were so slow.

Is it not possible for the manager to coach us to move the ball quick and get it forward fast.

What's with the **** dozens of passes across the back four.

I see it all the time in international tournaments because they are usually cagey affairs and teams don't want to concede but jesus christ Hull away?

**** abysmal.

• Like 1

We are marginally better than a very poor Hull team. Some reasonable passing (more than last year) but equal amounts of disjointed hoofing and harem academy defending. There really is no good reason for us not to win this, but not at all convinced we will. Kodjia looks a busted flush.

I don't get why Whelan is pushing up and pressing. Jack and Hourihane should be pressing and Whelan should sit deep to fill a gap. The amount of times Whelan is caught out of position is silly.

• Like 1

Better since going behind but that isn’t saying much. 

Sit too deep, I don’t understand this aversion to pressing we seem to have. And the transition between defence and attack has been absolutely woeful; so many simple misplaced passes, aimless long balls to an isolated Kodjia and what ever is played to his feet he seems to be trapping further than I can kick a ball.