Ben Woodburn

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't really blame Liverpool.

I'm not sure clauses like that should be allowed, but if they are then I can see why they do it.

I don't imagine they particularly care who he plays for, but rather they care that he actually plays. 
They'd know he's less likely to get game time here, especially if we manage to hold onto Grealish.

I wouldn't see him as a direct replacement for Grealish in any event.

He's more of a wide player from what I've seen of him for Wales.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't really blame Liverpool.

I'm not sure clauses like that should be allowed, but if they are then I can see why they do it.

I don't imagine they particularly care who he plays for, but rather they care that he actually plays. 
They'd know he's less likely to get game time here, especially if we manage to hold onto Grealish.

I don't know, given he can play anywhere up front I think there would be room. He would act in competition with Adomah/Green and possibly up front as well. I suspect the idea would have been him and Grealish which would have been ideal. I don't like the idea of a "minimum games" clause to be honest, but if he is as good as he is meant to be, surely he would be playing a lot of games anyway? 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Good luck to him, and I can't blame Liverpool for putting such clauses in their contracts. I would want us to secure the same deals if we were to loan our youngsters out.

Suliman's 2 loans have been absolute shambles.

I don’t think we will be able too. We don’t have the media nor the effect to make people think that our youngster will be a world beaters. 

We (as Villa fans) knew that Grealish was something special (ofcourse weve thought about Gardner and others too). Yet he wasn’t well known out there as these guys, the debate about England or Ireland began after his feature playing on the PL. Although he was a bit young at the time.

These days getting a loan out of these top teams seems as you’re getting the best deal all the time, yet we’ve seen Onomah isnt better than what we have.

I don’t think we will be able to do the same also from another reason, we don’t have Real Madrid team in our side, if there was a player who we could force other clubs to play and he’s that good, we would have played him in our side. Top teams are another story, couple of a very good players nowadays are a rejects from those teams.

16 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I don't know, given he can play anywhere up front I think there would be room. He would act in competition with Adomah/Green and possibly up front as well. I suspect the idea would have been him and Grealish which would have been ideal. I don't like the idea of a "minimum games" clause to be honest, but if he is as good as he is meant to be, surely he would be playing a lot of games anyway? 

I don't really disagree, but I was looking at it from liverpool's point of view.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Hmmm develop him under wilder who actually gets his side playing decent expansive football or under Bruce who will coach out any attacking intent he might have.

No brainer for ben

yup, so depressing.

I can see why they look at Woodhouse...he's a full international with Wales but

Id rather take experienced players who arn't in their premier league teams squad like Snodgrass than these youngsters.

Why not play our own youngsters let them lose possession on the edge of there own box and get a rollicking from the north stand instead of some young toe rag like Josh ohnamah who'll piss off back to spurs, never play a stupid square ball on the edge of his own box again when he gets to put on the white jersey of tottingham, having experienced the vitriol of Villa fans still ringing in his ears.

The youngsters blow hot and cold. Everyone raves about liverpools other kid ryan kent being white hot. however I don't remember him at all when barnsley played at Villa Park, it's all PR to get some champ club to pay 5m for him when his contract is up. I imagine the same hype surrounded Henry Lansbury when he was at Arsenal.

If theres a shirt just give it to O'Hare let him make a few **** ups. the only way they get better is by playing games.

• Like 3

I think no matter what he does in his career, whether he goes back to Liverpool, wins the league title, golden boot, becomes Liverpool's all time greatest player...I think nothing will top having his own personal thread immortalised in other football.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think no matter what he does in his career, whether he goes back to Liverpool, wins the league title, golden boot, becomes Liverpool's all time greatest player...I think nothing will top having his own personal thread immortalised in other football.

He will join such legends as Charles Nzogbia, Joe Bennett, Leandri Bacuna and Joe Bennett

Â