Ben Woodburn

alreadyexists

21 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Don't like the kid, his name sounds like Ten Woodbine, my old Grandad died from smoking too many of them.

Lambert & Butler out! 

I understand he is named after his grandfather. ;)

On the smoking issue, sorry to hear it did for your Grandad it did for my parents as well. So I agree 100% - Stub Smoking Out!

• Sad 2

Wales are my second favourite national team after England and I watched some of their world cup qualifiers... he scored an absolute screamer from outside the box, right into the corner, just after coming on as sub in the second half. Cracking shot. Wales were without Bale in that game and Woodburn saved the day, they won 1-0, without his goal they'd have been out of the hunt. He really took the game by the scruff of the neck, good lad.

30 minutes ago, robby b said:

Wales are my second favourite national team after England and I watched some of their world cup qualifiers... he scored an absolute screamer from outside the box, right into the corner, just after coming on as sub in the second half. Cracking shot. Wales were without Bale in that game and Woodburn saved the day, they won 1-0, without his goal they'd have been out of the hunt. He really took the game by the scruff of the neck, good lad.

Bale did play that game fwiw.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Bale did play that game fwiw.

Oh sorry, you're right, I was getting mixed up with one or two of their other qualifiers in the second half of the campaign (which Bale couldn't play because of injury). So he didn't manage to score in that game, against Austria, but luckily Woodburn did. But then a bit later there was the deciding match against Ireland, boo. :(

Yeah, Georgia and Ireland were the Wales games without Baleo.

He came on for his Debut there against Austria and saved the day like you say. He also followed that up with an assist away to Moldova when they were struggling to find a way through IIRC - cross for Robson Kanu to head home. That was in the last 10 mins or somesuch and then Ramsey finished them off. Got a token cap against Georgia and came on for half an hour against the Irish I think.

• Like 1

Dunno why people just dismiss loans as developing other teams kids.

Get him in, He enjoys life here & playing games. Should we go up and he decides he would rather stay and play here with his new mates than sit on the bench at LiverpoolI'm sure something could be worked out

• Like 3

The only thing that would be different to signing him lets say from Chester and selling him on in the summer to a big club is the money side of it to me.

Maybe we don't get him? Maybe he has a few nerves settling in or something? but he's one of those players where at some point he's going to take the ball at his feet and make the whole stadium go "oh right! I get it now"

At the moment he's just a nipper with a bit about him. But what I like is the idea of him buzzing around Jack tbh. I think that would work wonders.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

The only thing that would be different to signing him lets say from Chester and selling him on in the summer to a big club is the money side of it to me.

Maybe we don't get him? Maybe he has a few nerves settling in or something? but he's one of those players where at some point he's going to take the ball at his feet and make the whole stadium go "oh right! I get it now"

At the moment he's just a nipper with a bit about him. But what I like is the idea of him buzzing around Jack tbh. I think that would work wonders.

If he is an improvement on Onomah then he get's my vote.

• Like 1

From reading the comments seems like he has the potential.

I've been offline for a week so don't really know what's changed but will presume we could use competition for Adomah and Green.

59 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Alan Nixon saying he's going to Sheff Utd

Pity. I'm sure he would have got games with us. Perhaps they have offered a better deal to Liverpool money or game wise. I suppose it was too good to be true that they would loan us someone decent. 

Â