Ben Woodburn

alreadyexists

10 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It may be why we've not gone for it, we may not have wanted to guarantee x amount of games

I had a suspicion Bruce would not bow to stipulated games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Ben Woodburn having medical at Sheffield United today. Set to join on loan for the season. Villa are considering other loan targets #lfc #sufc

Just goes to show that nobody has a clue who we're after. Although I do have it on good authority that we are after a big man to play up top...

image.jpeg.63df541050fdb3e39bd912c8433b5068.jpeg

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I had a suspicion Bruce would not bow to stipulated games.

Any manager would be crazy to agree to guaranteeing a minimum number of games. If the loan player is out of form and/or not working hard enough, being contractually obliged to play him could disastrous for any team’s spirit and results. Imagine being forced to pick a loan player, who in the last 10 games, has scored a couple of own goals, lost the ball leading to several goals conceded and has done nothing creative in return. Even given the potential benefits, I don’t know why any manager would agree to being so hand tied and risk exposing themselves to such a potential nightmare.

• Like 4

It will be a good move for Woodburn. Wilder  (Sheffield Utd manager) is a positive attack minded manager who's plan is to get at the opposition and try to win every game. That is exactly what Klopp will want to see Woodburn involved in.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Good luck to him, and I can't blame Liverpool for putting such clauses in their contracts. I would want us to secure the same deals if we were to loan our youngsters out.

Suliman's 2 loans have been absolute shambles.

Sarkic last year too

Pity, but Liverpool cannot dictate who we put in our team. It's completely counter productive, the player has no incentive to perform if he's always favoured because of a loan clause. Let the guy prove himself or don't bother loaning him out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Pity, but Liverpool cannot dictate who we put in our team. It's completely counter productive, the player has no incentive to perform if he's always favoured because of a loan clause. Let the guy prove himself or don't bother loaning him out. 

I don't really blame Liverpool.

I'm not sure clauses like that should be allowed, but if they are then I can see why they do it.

I don't imagine they particularly care who he plays for, but rather they care that he actually plays. 
They'd know he's less likely to get game time here, especially if we manage to hold onto Grealish.

• Like 1

Â