Ben Woodburn

alreadyexists

A few sources are reporting that we’re after Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool. I don’t know much about him except that he’s highly rated and is already playing for Wales at 18.

Telegraph Sport

Steve Bruce has launched a bid to sign Liverpool’s Ben Woodburn on loan, with the Wales international set to be withdrawn from Jurgen Klopp’s training camp in France.

Aston Villa are in talks with Liverpool over a deal to take Woodburn for the season after a transfer embargo on the Midlands club was lifted.

looked like a bright player when seen him for Wales though only a couple of times from the bench and seems to play in a wide position for them. Liverpool rate him highly so dont think we can buy him 

3 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Says in that article that we had a transfer embargo lifted? Is that correct?

Pretty sure they mean the self imposed transfer embargo, due to the fact we only had Doris’s tea money and 147 Greenshield stamps left. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, av1 said:

Who exactly imposed a transfer embargo? Nonsense story. 

Tony Xia....sorry Dave beat me to it.

Edited by TRO

looks a Likely Lad...

a word of caution , Liverpool are quick on the trigger with the loan fines if a team doesn't play the specified games

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Would be a great signing but likely to rival Greens place in the side and I'd rather us try and develop him. 

That said, competition is healthy and greens injury track record isn't inspiring 

and 46 games is a fair old slog as we all know by now.

Wingers are a bit highly strung too, generally and seem to attract injuries, more readily than other players, we need reinforcements.

Edited by TRO

He’s really really good, little bit lightweight but very talented lad. I hope he does get a loan cos he needs to play and prove himself. 

He’s not really a striker though...more of an attacking midfielder 

He’s quite similar to Grealish in some ways...I’ll be interested to see how he does. 

The above is from my Liverpool supporting friend who knows his stuff. I’d be very keen to welcome him. To compliment and compete with a Grealish. 

• Like 1

I'm all for adding good players but surely the priority must be at least one striker, at least one centre half and a LB. They all need to be starting standard toom

Also I do hope Green gets a proper go this year.

As long as signing Woodburn is as well as and not instead of any of the aforementioned positions then great. 

• Like 2

Â