Time for a takeover

Jareth

57 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

So Xia sells us.. to who? First come, first serve? 

There isn't going to be a happy ending to this, we are going to be stuck in this div, selling our better players and going back to "Young and hungry" (meaning decent league 1 players) for a few years.  

This is only the tip of a very, very, shitty iceberg lettuce, which has been left out in Dudley Town Centre during this summers heat wave, and used as a bog rolls to the locals. Can you just picture and imagine how shitty that is? 

We need to accept this as a reality. We may strike lucky in that we are sold to a good buyer/s BUT we will still need to fix our problems over a few years. There is NO quick fix anymore. The figures and state of the club are frightening apparently. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Thought I'd post as It's Taco Tuesday ? I reckon this has some traction. Time to shit or get off the pot Tony.

What do you think has traction? The Express and Star story or the Thierry Henry bit?

Just now, Okonokos said:

What do you think has traction? The Express and Star story or the Thierry Henry bit?

The E&S bit. I know nothing of Henry(some rumours of a bad translation and another saying linked to a consortium, but god knows) 

I don't think it is a coincidence that these stories are coming out when the HMRC bill and wages are due next week. It seems Xia has spent most of the last month trying to get money out of China and failing. If he doesn't sell us this week then I doubt he has the money next week to pay the various bills and really admin is the only outcome then. It seems that we have numerous interested parties. I really hope Xia picks the right one for the club and the fans and not just for himself. My worry is he picks the option where he gets to continue to run the club in some capacity. He has shown himself to be, at best, a lackluster businessman with no knowledge of football. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

I've heard whispers that a certain amount of staff have already been told to expect delays in getting paid. 

That would be unacceptable for club employees with regular outgoings that they have to meet where the club seem less concerned about not meeting their own.

59 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

I've heard whispers that a certain amount of staff have already been told to expect delays in getting paid. 

Apparently the Xia flying in rumours are true with Mandaric in pole position 

'Apparently'?

Soooo the way I’ve interpreted this is, new owners coming in on mandarics guidance, rich owner (going to have to be to pay our bills) wants to hire Thierry Henry as new manager for 12 millions plus a year - Henry quits sky sports this week to pursue career as a manager, you don’t quit a £12 million a year job where you just talk about football every so often unless you have something lined up right?

....so therefore I conclude...

ITS HAPPPENING! 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Soooo the way I’ve interpreted this is, new owners coming in on mandarics guidance, rich owner (going to have to be to pay our bills) wants to hire Thierry Henry as new manager for 12 millions plus a year - Henry quits sky sports this week to pursue career as a manager, you don’t quit a £12 million a year job where you just talk about football every so often unless you have something lined up right?

ITS HAPPPENING! 

I like your optimism!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Nigel said:

'Apparently'?

Yes apparently as I dont know how reliable it is, its from a mate who knows someone who plays at quite a high profile golf club in the birmingham area. The problem you have at a big club is when things are spouted in the media and the staff get uncomfortable with what theyre hearing about there own place of work,  they will need to be addressed wont they, im sure they have been.

All I can tell you is that staff are talking (happens in all workplaces when people are concerned) thing is they might not know the half of it either so could all be bollocks!! 

Mandaric would almost certainly not be long term, he stabilises clubs and sells them on once theyre back on a level playing field.. Better than Xia digging a big hole each time the money runs out I guess..

2 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

Apparently the Xia flying in rumours are true with Mandaric in pole position 

Mandaric has already stated he won't be buying the club.

12 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

Yes apparently as I dont know how reliable it is, its from a mate who knows someone who plays at quite a high profile golf club in the birmingham area. The problem you have at a big club is when things are spouted in the media and the staff get uncomfortable with what theyre hearing about there own place of work,  they will need to be addressed wont they, im sure they have been.

All I can tell you is that staff are talking (happens in all workplaces when people are concerned) thing is they might not know the half of it either so could all be bollocks!! 

Mandaric would almost certainly not be long term, he stabilises clubs and sells them on once theyre back on a level playing field.. Better than Xia digging a big hole each time the money runs out I guess..

Fair enough. Just wondering where you got it from. 

On 06/06/2018 at 10:56, Rodders said:

God, imagine Doug taking over the reigns again :puke:

To be fair, he kept us in the black...

However, in support of your argument, he also refused to pay a meagre amount for a certain Robbie Keane for reasons completely unknown...

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

ITS HAPPPENING! 

I didn't realise Sky television were paying Henry £12m a year?

Â