Time for a takeover

Jareth

On 15/07/2018 at 20:54, sidcow said:

Frankly I don't believe anything witten in The Mirror or The Evening Mail. 

In fact whilst we are at it The Evening Mail printed on Friday that Mandaric had made a takeover offer but Xia turned it down because he didn't know where the money was coming from and now exactly the same organisation are saying go that he has categorically not made and offer but is offering to advise a consortium. Well which is it then Trinity Mirror Group? 

I am sorry but my faith in football journalism is non existent regardless of who they claim to quote. 

Me to. They have  had no real contacts with the club since the Ellis days. Other than its is bad and perhaps a few business people are circling the rotting carsass  of AVFC, we know nothing,

4 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

On FFP We have still got revenue streams untapped. For EG let’s pretend Xia or a new owners was loaded we’d could easily sign a lengthy stadium sponsorship deal and get the money upfront. Stand renaming etc are all possibilities. FFP was supposedly a £40m hold. So far we’ve lost £15m on wages from last year With our surplus players we could easily shift another £15m off the wage bill without touching the Crown Jewels or depleting the squad that much. We got about £7m in from Gollini and Gil and would probably get £10m in If we sold the likes of Jedinak Birkir Hogan and a few others so theoretically we could get up to £40m saved this year. Also FFP isn’t judged till March so we could gamble a bit till the Jan window and then sell if needed. It’s strange how a few weeks ago Round and that said things weren’t as bad as it seemed then in 2 weeks it’s a all gone tits up. 

A couple of things on FFP (as covered elsewhere in the thread by someone - apols I can't remember who) are that firstly, you have to be realistic on pumping cash in by sponsoring stands etc.  Owners can't pay £20m a year to sponsor the North Stand when no other company would do that, and no other club in the league has anything near that.

Secondly, it doesn't work as simply as accounting.  It's not just X+Y-Z=FFP.  They amortise the player's transfer fee over a period of the contract, factor in any losses on sales, salaries, etc.  There's loads that goes into it.  It's a nonsense, but it is what it is.

To get £15m off the wage bill we've got sell 10 players on £30k per week.  Who's left?  And if they haven't put in a transfer request we've got to pay them a chunk of their remaining contract anyway, so the savings will be a lot less than the whole salary.

Both Round and Wyness said things were in place so FFP wouldn't be an issue this season.  If I go and knock on their office doors at VP tomorrow they won't be saying that ;)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It is.

We're haemorrhaging cash at an alarming rate. 

Are we though? Yes we know we are being run poorly and yes we have losses. But accounts are not out, how can people know we are haemorrhaging money? There are a lot of clubs in worse positions than us, as someone mentioned above Bolton’s players haven’t been paid but they are still looking to sign players. Leeds when going through their financial problems still managed to bring players in. 

We are currently giving a trial to someone, so there must be some money to bring frees and loans in, albeit not at the level we were last year. 

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Are we though? Yes we know we are being run poorly and yes we have losses. But accounts are not out, how can people know we are haemorrhaging money? There are a lot of clubs in worse positions than us, as someone mentioned above Bolton’s players haven’t been paid but they are still looking to sign players. Leeds when going through their financial problems still managed to bring players in. 

We are currently giving a trial to someone, so there must be some money to bring frees and loans in, albeit not at the level we were last year. 

It's in The Birmingham Mail report on the previous page. I find little to suggest there is any money to pay any new player's wages and Marney is apparently just keeping fit at Bodymoor rather than being there with a view to signing. I don't put a lot of weight on reports by the Mirror Group but they are not the only ones suggesting that there is no money and I haven't seen many reports that suggest we do have any money to use on the playing staff. It's high time we all accepted reluctantly that as Liam Byrne's note left on the desk of the incoming Treasury secretary David Laws said "there's no money left" applies to us as well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

A couple of things on FFP (as covered elsewhere in the thread by someone - apols I can't remember who) are that firstly, you have to be realistic on pumping cash in by sponsoring stands etc.  Owners can't pay £20m a year to sponsor the North Stand when no other company would do that, and no other club in the league has anything near that.

Secondly, it doesn't work as simply as accounting.  It's not just X+Y-Z=FFP.  They amortise the player's transfer fee over a period of the contract, factor in any losses on sales, salaries, etc.  There's loads that goes into it.  It's a nonsense, but it is what it is.

To get £15m off the wage bill we've got sell 10 players on £30k per week.  Who's left?  And if they haven't put in a transfer request we've got to pay them a chunk of their remaining contract anyway, so the savings will be a lot less than the whole salary.

Both Round and Wyness said things were in place so FFP wouldn't be an issue this season.  If I go and knock on their office doors at VP tomorrow they won't be saying that ;)

For stadiums sponsorship you’re looking at about 2/3m a year hence you do it over 10 years or something. Amortisation is where you need very clever accountants so you sell at the right time. We probably can’t afford one though! I’d be looking at anything and everything. I’d ask Richards to sign a new 5 year deal so his 60k a week drops to 12k for instance as he’ll never play again. We need to think outside the box to get money in to  the club but I fear we are solely focusing on survival and day to Day costs and not even looking to keep the squad intact to try to get up. Hopefully todays reports are true and the DR is on his way very soon. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I really think you need to get your head out of the sand. 

We have been borrowing against future players fees, sold of all future catering profits, missed tax payments, borrowed against every scrap of land the club owns. 

There are NOT plenty of clubs in a worse position, this club is on a knife edge. Maybe we haven't missed paying players yet but I bet it's a near thing. 

Thanks for being so condensending, my head isn’t the sand. I’ve said that we have issues, I just don’t see them as being as bad as everyone says. Again, accounts are not out, so apart from believing everything you read from media outlets that have no extra information how do you know we are haemorrhaging money?? 

There ARE plenty of clubs in worse positions than us. Look down the leagues and you will see, hell even Crystal Palace with all the premier league money have had to sell half their squad. 

45 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Thanks for being so condensending, my head isn’t the sand. I’ve said that we have issues, I just don’t see them as being as bad as everyone says. Again, accounts are not out, so apart from believing everything you read from media outlets that have no extra information how do you know we are haemorrhaging money?? 

There ARE plenty of clubs in worse positions than us. Look down the leagues and you will see, hell even Crystal Palace with all the premier league money have had to sell half their squad. 

So as not to repeat all the known facts that have been stated by other posters, surely you realise that unless a new owner (or even just a new investor) is found pretty much immediately we will enter Admin? To say we have 'issues' is a huge understatement. Its not a case of 'believing all the media outlets', it's simply a case of taking a holistic look at everything that has happened since the POF from missed payments, TX confirming he needs new investment, TX leveraging anything he can to get cash (as per Companies House docs) etc, etc. You sound like an intelligent guy so i really do not understand how you believe that things 'aren't that bad'? I admire your balanced view in regards to your perceived lack of facts but the facts ARE out there and the Club is never going to come out and confirm that we are on the brink of Administration!! I just hope that this week TX agrees  a sale as, if not, you wont need to wait for the next set of accounts to tell you where we are. If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck.....

Edited by eholm
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I was hardly being condescending, I was just pointing out the facts which show we ARE in a much worse situation than other clubs.

If you think what we have gone through is just everyday trials and tribulations around running a football club, albeit with a little more difficulty than others, then good for you.

We are utterly, utterly bollocksed at the moment.  I think that's the correct accounting term anyway. If Xia doesn't sell soon, it's administration for us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Risso said:

We are utterly, utterly bollocksed at the moment.  I think that's the correct accounting term anyway. If Xia doesn't sell soon, it's administration for us.

This is going to be a very fragile period ahead I feel.

30 minutes ago, Risso said:

If Xia doesn't sell soon, it's administration for us.

It might not be the worst thing if we did go into administration. We could sort out the debt and get the Dr. Fraud out of the club.

• Like 1

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/07/17/aston-villa-ownership-d-day-looms-for-tony-xia/

Not sure how much truth is in this, but Express and Star saying Xia is in the UK and has accepted he needs to sell. We might see a takeover or investment this week.

Villa owner Tony Xia has reluctantly accepted he must face up to a significant move towards a change of ownership as early as this week, the Express & Star understands.

Just now, Okonokos said:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/07/17/aston-villa-ownership-d-day-looms-for-tony-xia/

Not sure how much truth is in this, but Express and Star saying Xia is in the UK and has accepted he needs to sell. We might see a takeover or investment this week.

Just seen that too - they have been a bit informed through this so has legs. Also, absolutely no transfer activity in or out - says somethings afoot IMHO.

Xia is back in the UK in a bid to sort out the problems engulfing the club – with a potential change of ownership or a significant minority investor coming in as early as this week, it is believed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Just seen that too - they have been a bit informed through this so has legs. Also, absolutely no transfer activity in or out - says somethings afoot IMHO.

Xia is back in the UK in a bid to sort out the problems engulfing the club – with a potential change of ownership or a significant minority investor coming in as early as this week, it is believed.

I've been thinking all along "why haven't we sold players yet?" If we're so desperate for cash, then we surely would have sold someone by now. But no, nothing at all. It's got to be quiet for a reason.

Maybe it's because we are actually in the process of a takeover. I'm beginning to think it's more and more likely we are.

• Like 1

Â