18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Two out of four teams above us dropping points is not a bad evening at all.

Both Villa are Forest will want to gain ground tomorrow night. 

Edit - just noticed that Sheff Utd host Leeds this Saturday, that will be an interesting one.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Two out of four teams above us dropping points is not a bad evening at all.

Both Villa are Forest will want to gain ground tomorrow night. 

Edit - just noticed that Sheff Utd host Leeds this Saturday, that will be an interesting one.

If that ends a draw and we win the next two (unlikley) but if we did it would be very interesting. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

If that ends a draw and we win the next two (unlikley) but if we did it would be very interesting. 

I kinda feel if we win the Forest game, that momentum might just carry on through to Boro. 

I’d be happy with four points. If we achieve that and the Sheff Utd - Leeds match is also a draw, we will be at most six points off second (with Baggies and Leeds on the horizon).

We showed that we can mix it with those at the top against Derby and we handled the pressure that came with our most recent encounter against Birmingham.

Next challenge is Nottingham Forest and taking valuable points from a team in a position we want to overtake. Our run of fixtures coming up is a big hurdle and it starts with Forest.

The coming games won't be easy and I don't know what to expect but it's a great opportunity to announce ourselves as candidates for promotion.

Edited by A'Villan

57 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Our last two games are Leeds away and Norwich at home, the current top 2.

It's written isn't it, about time we had a cliff hanger end to a league season.

You'll enjoy our promotion party, bring a bottle. 😉

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Our last two games are Leeds away and Norwich at home, the current top 2.

It's written isn't it, about time we had a cliff hanger end to a league season.

We will have the championship sorted by then. I'll admit it will be tricky to reach our target of 110 points!

• Like 1

Massive game tonight for us. Beat Forest and we are possibly only 6 points off automatic promotion with a couple of rivals in line for another lion mauling soon. 

I don't fear playing 'Boro simply because Pulis will have nothing short of parking the bus in mind. A draw against Villa will be seen as a good result by him so I don't fear them as an attacking threat. Albion will be tougher simply because they have a potent front three and they will set out to exploit our defensive frailties. Having said that, they are not keeping many clean sheets either! Should be another cracking derby game. 

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Lets hope not.

I have no respect for Tony Pulis at all. His teams play garbage football. Who would pay to watch that crap every week? 

I think they will, they're basically us last season, and there's no Wolves this year and I can't see anyone doing a Cardiff again, so unless a team puts together a great run I think they'll win it

9 hours ago, A'Villan said:

We showed that we can mix it with those at the top against Derby and we handled the pressure that came with our most recent encounter against Birmingham.

Next challenge is Nottingham Forest and taking valuable points from a team in a position we want to overtake. Our run of fixtures coming up is a big hurdle and it starts with Forest.

The coming games won't be easy and I don't know what to expect but it's a great opportunity to announce ourselves as candidates for promotion.

I watched them at Elland Road. They were really organised and should have won. Got robbed by a blatant handball by roofe.

I see a similar pattern tonight where they will sit back and hit us on the break. We’ll have to be really on it to break them down.

• Thanks 1