18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup, well they got their manager in last season and started to build their system from then.

They are now clicking and fluid.

We are playing catch up and attempting a mammoth task.

I feel it will be playoffs at best for us but that will still be an achievement.

If we had been using this blueprint from a couple of years ago we would be having a different convo.

Our time will come!

They remind me a bit of Huddersfield two seasons ago, got a lot of random Germany players who seem to have upped their level and Jordan Rhodes also been a good signing for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I sadly think it's too late. We are too far behind.

Do you really see us going on a 10 game winning streak? With the defence we have? I don't.

We will sign defender in January but i still feel it will be a bit too late. Next season i am more hopeful.

There is no reason we cannot go on a run similar to  Norwich - it’s far from too late and the depth in our squad will be stronger than most if not all in this league .

with 28 games to go I’d fancy us to catch Norwich and put a big run together - for me the bigger threat will be West Brom if anyone 

Edited by Eastie

Its premature to rule us out of automatic promotion, its unlikely but it is certainly not impossible a win tomorrow would put us 7 points off second place Boro who we play next.

Plenty of games to go and points to be won, Smith clearly wants to go out attack and try and win games which is the right approach.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We don’t really want to fall any further from the play offs. Even if we win  our next two, and results went our way, we still wouldn’t be in the top 6. Very hard run of games coming up, so we shall see what we are made of. 

I just feel our lack of depth in defense will be out downfall this season.

Yes i know transfer window is a thing, but i think it will be too much too late.

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I just feel our lack of depth in defense will be out downfall this season.

Yes i know transfer window is a thing, but i think it will be too much too late.

Forget automatic promotion. That’s gone and it’s too much to expect. We definitely have a great chance of play offs though. 

1 minute ago, NASTY_LEE said:

We still have to play majority of the teams up there home and away so it's still very much in our hands. We do however have to ensure those games go well.

Yes and with Jedinack at the back we will bottle it

Win today and it’s up to 8th, 4 points behind Derby in 6th. Then we play Forest at home on Wednesday, the team in 7th, win that and of course we leapfrog them. 

We need to take it one game at a time, and if we keep winning then we will slowly climb the table. Play offs is certainly attainable, then we focus on the top 2. 

There is a hell of a lot of football still to be played. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Win today and it’s up to 8th, 4 points behind Derby in 6th. Then we play Forest at home on Wednesday, the team in 7th, win that and of course we leapfrog them

We need to take it one game at a time, and if we keep winning then we will slowly climb the table. Play offs is certainly attainable, then we focus on the top 2. 

There is a hell of a lot of football still to be played. 

Depending on goal difference, there’s a difference of 5 at the moment. It would be nice to wallop sha today to give ours a bit of a boost.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Its premature to rule us out of automatic promotion, its unlikely but it is certainly not impossible a win tomorrow would put us 7 points off second place Boro who we play next.

Plenty of games to go and points to be won, Smith clearly wants to go out attack and try and win games which is the right approach.

Forest next 😉

Win the next two and we'd be on a mental run, possibly in the play off spots and less than 7 points off second with half the season left.

The difference between now and under the previous regime is monumental.

Win the next two and I reckon almost all the rest of the league will start shitting their pants.

We have the monentum and will take some stopping - we will go to boro and go for the win after dealing with forest .

Bruce held us back and should have gone earlier - smith is getting the best from this team and we will only get better from here