18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:
1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Going to fun again tonight watching the results come in!

Agreed, would be nice if a couple of the results went our way.

Ooh, I'd forgotten there were Chump games on tonight too, and 4 of them are above us :thumb: Lahhvely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

Until it's impossible that has to be the aim, Smith will deserve a **** statue if he pulls it off though. Fulham's rise was incredible last year but they couldn't catch the top 2. We'd have to do better than they did to get automatic promotion. Monumental, but who knows, we've still got to finish hiring coaches, scouts, have a transfer window in Jan. The room for improvement is there, and tbf if we play at the QPR/Derby levels against anyone in this league I think we've already got too much for 99% of this division. If we manage to improve on what we've got, then autos is possible, going to be a hell of a ride either way :D

Agree with all that, but would add, Norwich/ Boro/ Leeds......they are not Wolves of last season.....so although we’d have to “ do a Fulham Plus” the Top 2 slots wont be as tough to grab as they were last year.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Agree with all that, but would add, Norwich/ Boro/ Leeds......they are not Wolves of last season.....so although we’d have to “ do a Fulham Plus” the Top 2 slots wont be as tough to grab as they were last year.

Was just about to reply with the same thing, so just to add to what you already said.. I did some calculations last week (boring international break) and Norwich would only have been 4th behind Wolves, Cardiff and Sheffield United at the same stage as last year, so we would not need as many points as Fulham who would probably have gone up automatically with the same tally they finished on last year if you compare to this year so far. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, terrytini said:

If results stay as they are we'll be 4 points off second with a win tomorrow. Massive if with 45 mins to play mind. Could be a very big week :)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Couple results going well for us already.

Sheffield United and QPR losing.

I don’t think either of these teams are a concern for the season. It’s Norwich, Leeds and Boro we need to worry about imo.

So far looking good. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think either of these teams are a concern for the season. It’s Norwich, Leeds and Boro we need to worry about imo.

So far looking good. 

Well I am on about teams immediately above us, I feel that is a concern either way.

They get pulled back, we win, and we leapfrog them.

Although since I posted that Brentford have pissed their lead away and are now losing. lol

On current standing it will take 3, or 4 wins minimum to pass Sheffield United. (So certainly not no concern)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I did some calculations last week (boring international break) and Norwich would only have been 4th behind Wolves, Cardiff and Sheffield United at the same stage as last year, so we would not need as many points as Fulham who would probably have gone up automatically with the same tally they finished on last year if you compare to this year so far. 

Just done a fresh calculation, Norwich would still be 4th as things stand (after 19 games) 1 point behind Sheff Utd

Interestingly they would only have been 1 point ahead of us, so if you flip it - last year we would have been 2nd compared to this years standings. 

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well I am on about teams immediately above us, I feel that is a concern either way.

They get pulled back, we win, and we leapfrog them.

Although since I posted that Brentford have pissed their lead away and are now losing. lol

On current standing it will take 3, or 4 wins minimum to pass Sheffield United. (So certainly not no concern)

We’ll finish above Sheffield United. I’m sure of it. 

Leeds are pissing me off.