18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

We have the monentum and will take some stopping - we will go to boro and go for the win after dealing with forest .

Bruce held us back and should have gone earlier - smith is getting the best from this team and we will only get better from here 

Will be so sad if we lose to a dinosaur like Pulis.

Will start getting excited if we beat Forest. Remember what happened after Wolves last season. They are a tough team to beat this season.

Think we'll lose at Boro (they'll inevitably score from a corner) and shut down our attack. Got a good feeling for West Brom away.

5-6 points from our next three would be a good return.

30 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

7 pts off 2nd despite our horrible run under Bruce.

In the words of the great Ron Saunders - “Do you want to bet against us?”

If we didn't have boro and wba as a in next 3 if say yes. But two of the toughest we could have asked for

We should be 10 - 15 points better off than where we are now.

So much wasted time under the previous clown.

I don't fear the baggies, it's a local derby and anything can happen but we will need to be better than we were today defensively.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Will start getting excited if we beat Forest. Remember what happened after Wolves last season. They are a tough team to beat this season.

Think we'll lose at Boro (they'll inevitably score from a corner) and shut down our attack. Got a good feeling for West Brom away.

Don't think that will happen -at least not like the non performance against  QPR last season. More of a worry for me is if the opposition put there early chances away - Derby missed a couple of sitters, and the noses came within a whisker of being 0-2 up .

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't think that will happen -at least not like the non performance against  QPR last season. More of a worry for me is if the opposition put there early chances away - Derby missed a couple of sitters, and the noses came within a whisker of being 0-2 up .

If we had a defence I think we would walk this league. We definitely need a cb, lb and I still am not convinced with nyland so I would add a keeper 

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Depends how you look at it... Derby and Blues weren’t easy games. If we want to catch those above us then taking points directly off those teams is the best way to do it.

Absolutely. If we can get four points out of those two I would be delighted. I think we will drop points though unfortunately as they are tough games then we have the leaders Leeds.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Forest are a very very well drilled side as you’d expect with their manager, they lack flair but they are consistent and in Lolley they’ve a real in form threat. It will be tough.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Depends how you look at it... Derby and Blues weren’t easy games. If we want to catch those above us then taking points directly off those teams is the best way to do it.

Very much this.  We have to remember we are already 3 games into this supposedly hard run!

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Forest are a very very well drilled side as you’d expect with their manager, they lack flair but they are consistent and in Lolley they’ve a real in form threat. It will be tough.

Don't forget Grabban, he's turned a few of their draws into wins lately aswell since he got his fitness up.