18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

40 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

However statistically speaking 66% is a very favourable selection. Yes anything can and does happen, but if there were models that accounted for chance bookies would go out of business over night

The 66% is probably about right over the course of a season but there will be more weeks with 6/7 draws that teams can take advantage of by shooting up the table while things are still so tight at the moment. It is only really stringing 3 or 4 wins together that has any really meaningful impact though as it is just as easy to drop 5 or  places as a result of a single off-day.

So far this season from 120 games there have been 39 draws (32.5%), This is higher than the season average for last year which saw 148/552 (26.8%) games drawn

The only time positions really matter i guess is Sunday May 5th, until then it's just a giant depressing game of snakes & ladders

Edited by LakotaDakota

Just seen current  top 50 inform championship players on sky sports, we only have 2 players in that list, mcginn 18th and then surprisingly just behind is mile jedinak. We need hurry up and get out this slump we are in, I fully expect a win tonight then push on from there. 

2 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Just seen current  top 50 inform championship players on sky sports, we only have 2 players in that list, mcginn 18th and then surprisingly just behind is mile jedinak. We need hurry up and get out this slump we are in, I fully expect a win tonight then push on from there. 

That can't be true. I have been reliably informed that we have a superstar who is head and shoulders above anyone else in this league.

Must be a mistake because even not being played in his best position, if he is that good he would be in the top 50 surely?

Yep. Must be a mistake.

*Or we don't have such a player at the club.

Edited by One For The Road

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We lose against Millwall and we're in a full scale relegation battle. 

:lol: I've read (and posted) some ridiculous overreactions over the years, but **** me, calm down.

Edited by Davkaus

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

:lol: I've read (and posted) some ridiculous overreactions over the years, but **** me, calm down.

Whilst I doubt we will go down, Its looking more likely than promotion at the minute. 1 win in 10 is certainly relegation form.

The thread title is looking a bit embarrassing to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

After Millwall we will have played the sides which currently sit 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th in the table.   

For 2 wins, 3 draws and a TBD.

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why did Whelan take the penalty? 

According to bruce as he was the most experienced player. The smart man who takes both his strikers off. Tammy looked good yet he took him off as opposed to kodjia then took off our only striker in kodjia later in the game so we had no penalty.

He should have been a man and said I made a mistake there instead of saying "When you have your strikers kodjia and Tammy on the bench" whose genius idea was that bruce???

Bruce out