18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

10 hours ago, romavillan said:

Away goals rule should stay, it's not stupid it rewards teams for scoring away from home rather than just playing anti-football for 90 minutes.

Assume Pulis doesnt like it - mind you they play like that at home.

6 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

The last two seasons have provided more enjoyment than the previous 10.

The goal of reaching the premier league is driving us all on but what happens when we get there?

Be careful what you wish for.

What happens is this manager takes us to another level. If he can get the likes of Whelan and Taylor playing intense fast one touch football imagine what he can do with quality players he can bring in from all over  Europe. 

I once feared promotion as didn’t want to see the dark days of our last season there return, 

i no longer feel that way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

The goal of reaching the premier league is driving us all on but what happens when we get there?

We keep the spine of the team, add a few quality additions attracted by the club and also the finances we will have, we take a few punches but we most probably play better football than the bottom 6 teams and find ourselves a nice mid-table hidey-hole. Season 2, we're talking glory holes. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We keep the spine of the team, add a few quality additions attracted by the club and also the finances we will have, we take a few punches but we most probably play better football than the bottom 6 teams and find ourselves a nice mid-table hidey-hole. Season 2, we're talking glory holes. 

Gonna be very tricky to keep that spine I reckon. Plus I have no idea what we are going to do about our keeper situation...  

9 hours ago, terrytini said:

I can’t recall anything quite as bonkers and joyous as that. Utterly mental.

It was the perfect 5 minutes.

Memories of Everton away. Was nearly 11 years ago FFS 🙁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

The last two seasons have provided more enjoyment than the previous 10.

Be careful what you wish for.

Now that we've all but been promoted, I've started to have second thoughts as well. How can I take the inevitable losses after losses again. To go into games hoping we don't get badly humped.... I don't know if I want it.

You said it perfectly Londonastonvilla, what'll give us the drive? What's the purpose? Is staying up enough?

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Now that we've all but been promoted, I've started to have second thoughts as well. How can I take the inevitable losses after losses again. To go into games hoping we don't get badly humped.... I don't know if I want it.

You said it perfectly Londonastonvilla, what'll give us the drive? What's the purpose? Is staying up enough?

What? Still a hell of a long way to go to be talking like that! 

• Like 3

Yeah lets stay in the championship under strict spending caps because we're scared of losing every week in the prem. Clubs go through different eras and periods of success and failure. Getting up is the objective, then building on that with ambitious people running the club aswell as an ambitious manager (also a fan) is the dream. And we have that. Give your heads a wobble! We could go on to do great things in a few years if we get things right. Just look at those Dingles up the road to see what can be achieved under the right circumstances and direction.

Dont know about some of you but this is my first experience of Villa being down in the second tier and despite us being a big fish and expected to wipe the floor with the rest of the rabble down here, it bothers me that we've been here 3 years now. Big clubs should act that way and bounce back straight away, even Newcastle did it twice, West Ham etc. The longer we stay away the more irrelevant we become to the rest of the top flight and thats a sad state to be in. Im dealing in hope we will get it right under this stewardship if we get promoted, everything is in place. We will rise again, just hope that opportunity is given to us this time and we wont have to wait God knows how many years.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah lets stay in the championship under strict spending caps because we're scared of losing every week in the prem. Clubs go through different eras and periods of success and failure. Getting up is the objective, then building on that with ambitious people running the club aswell as an ambitious manager (also a fan) is the dream. And we have that. Give your heads a wobble! We could go on to do great things in a few years if we get things right. Just look at those Dingles up the road to see what can be achieved under the right circumstances and direction.

Dont know about some of you but this is my first experience of Villa being down in the second tier and despite us being a big fish and expected to wipe the floor with the rest of the rabble down here, it bothers me that we've been here 3 years now. Big clubs should act that way and bounce back straight away, even Newcastle did it twice, West Ham etc. The longer we stay away the more irrelevant we become to the rest of the top flight and thats a sad state to be in. Im dealing in hope we will get it right under this stewardship if we get promoted, everything is in place. We will rise again, just hope that opportunity is given to us this time and we wont have to wait God knows how many years.

Eighth place and seventeen points from sixth?That’s quite the thrilling achievement. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Eighth place and seventeen points from sixth?That’s quite the thrilling achievement. 

For first season back it is yeah, beating spurs, united twice, chelsea, liverpool, FA Cup semi, plenty of good days in there. They can quite easily compete with the best sides in the Prem on their day and have proved that all season. Beats where they were a few years ago and im sure we'd all take that right now