18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

18 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Have people just got more money these days? The last time we were successful was just after the financial crash. 

If you're in the top 1% of earners you've got more money these days, everyone else has been getting up the arse for 20 years or so. There is a greater need for escapism and a sense of belonging though which plays in football's favour. 

Main factor is Smith though, just look at how we play when we are on it, it's incredible, you have to go bakc a long way for us to be so creative and entertaining. Most fans dream of watching there team going out and playing proper football and winning games. Villa fans have had to put up with years of shit, our potential is enormous, if the new owners get things right then look at Spurs. We can command that level of support no worries.

If we can keep this run going, get up through the playoffs and Smith and the new owners stick to our newfound principles, then there's no reason why we can't be mid table next season in the Prem. 

• Like 1

Gotta take care of business today and then again on Monday. That'll do it as the others around us are going to drop like flies over this weekend. 

Although we will have enough on the board, I can really see this team going the rest of the season unbeaten. 

On 18/04/2019 at 14:36, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not knocking them as I think they were brilliant (Spurs), but does anyone else think the away goals rule is a bit stupid?

No. It's better than extra time and penalties.

Can't believe Leeds lost, they were against 10 men when they were in the league against a team who has won 1 away game all season before today which was all the way back in August!

Edited by VillaAlex

I love the fact that Leeds will have to show bottle now against us and come at a side who wants to go at them too. They're full of it passing rings around preston and scoring eye catching goals but they couldn't put away 10 men at their own place when the pressure was on. Word of caution for ourselves, take Millwall seriously.

So we’ve now got 9 wins in a row, it’s very unlikely going to win 14 in a row. So where would we prefer to lose, I’m thinking a win at Leeds would be massive for our confidence, so when playoffs is guaranteed, maybe a defeat at home to Norwich wouldn’t be that bad (obviously I never like to lose)