18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Leeds completely choking. Assuming we get to the play-offs, a part of me doesn't want to face them because they're clearly a very good team. On the other hand, their morale will be shattered if they don't go up automatically.

4 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Think this is one of the best examples of the only stat that really means anything is goals...

uVycO5i.jpg

Lol...  Looks like Leeds were playing Football Manager 2019!!!

• Like 1

Just now, maqroll said:

Can we secure 2nd place if  results go our way?

No - we have 9 points to play for, potentially giving us 81 points.

sheff Utd and Leeds both on 82. 

4th would be our highest finish possible. 

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

We are 10 behind with 3 games to go so not only would Leeds & Sheffield united have to lose all their games, They would also both need to be deducted points.

Seems unlikely ;)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We can only get 82. Sheff United already have that plus a better goal difference so...nah

Edit..81

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

We are 10 behind with 3 games to go so not only would Leeds & Sheffield united have to lose all their games, They would also both need to be deducted points.

Seems unlikely ;)

So you’re saying there’s a chance . . .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think our main threat to playoffs are now Middlesbororugh and Derby.I can see boro winning there 3 remaining easy games giving them 76 points.Derby have 3 winnable games including WBA on last day where Albion will have nothing to play for and will probably rest players for play offs.Derby do have that tricky game against Bristol.If that game is a draw that gives them 74 points or a win 76 points.

We need to beat Millwall and get a point from Leeds or Norwich

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Leeds vs Boro

Villa vs West Brom

Looks the most likely foursome. Whoever goes up is going to have deserved it.

They are.

Unless it’s Leeds, Boro, or West Brom.

• Like 2

If we win against Milwall and Boro fail to beat Forest then we guaranteed 6th down to GD, since:

we would be on 75 points

Boro could only reach 74

Derby could get to 76 and overtake us but then Bristol could only get 75 with an inferior GD or Bristol get to 78 and overtake us but then Derby can only get to 73.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Think this is one of the best examples of the only stat that really means anything is goals...

uVycO5i.jpg

Yeah stats like this is why i fear Leeds, yeah they did lose the game but i'd rather face a team like Boro that doesn't dominate games and don't create this many chances.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah stats like this is why i fear Leeds, yeah they did lose the game but i'd rather face a team like Boro that doesn't dominate games and don't create this many chances.

I’d rather be top of the form table

• Like 2