18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

A lot of your fans, including ones I know, and pundits reckon it was your best game. Regardless, you're stuttering to the finish and we're not. I think your bluster is misplaced.

For drama maybe so, for complete domination start to finish I’d be looking at West Brom at home. 

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

I'd rather avoid Leeds by you going up via autos as you're one less threat. I wouldn't be as cocky as you're making out. We're currently the best team in the league at this moment and I do think we'd beat you over two legs. 

I’m not trying to come across cocky, the teams that have caused us the most problems are teams like Birmingham who set up to defend drop back to the half way line, hope to nick one then sit back on it & hold on for dear life. Which is why I said on a 1 off I’d be worried over 2 legs you couldn’t sit back as we’d eventually get through. I wouldn’t go as far as being the best team in the league, you have the best form currently but at present Norwich are the best team with Leeds being the second best. 

Oh, we wouldn't be sitting back. I think your defence and midfield would be all too aware of that. What you have to remember is that we've changed our manager, staff, playing style, half our first choice XI and more besides this season.

If we'd started the season with this set up I reckon the table would look a bit different at the top. Leeds deserve to go up. But be thankful for Sheffield Utd hitting a slump and injuries and Villa being transitional. Might have been different otherwise.

Still, its about time Leeds got back into the top flight. Hope we see you there next season too. If not, the year after.

Edited by Mazrim

28 minutes ago, BigRed said:

I’m not trying to come across cocky, the teams that have caused us the most problems are teams like Birmingham who set up to defend drop back to the half way line, hope to nick one then sit back on it & hold on for dear life. Which is why I said on a 1 off I’d be worried over 2 legs you couldn’t sit back as we’d eventually get through. I wouldn’t go as far as being the best team in the league, you have the best form currently but at present Norwich are the best team with Leeds being the second best. 

Why are you assuming Leeds would have all the possession? You probably would get through but so would we? 

I think the only way we'll have a good battle in a couple of weeks is if we're still needing a win to secure play offs and if Leeds are still fighting for autos. If not it could be a nothing game. 

I still hope you go up. Sheffield United, Villa play off final with us winning, especially with their injury woes

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

And we're not the same team. At all. Ask Leeds if they want to play us now. If they keep coming at us, we'll kill them on the counter. Different ball game.

In any case. I think due to the injury problems hitting Sheffield Utd, Leeds will go up automatically. So won't be our concern. In the playoffs at least.

WBA I guarantee will be dreading facing us.

We will find it hard to play as we have done when they press as high as they do, i think you need to watch them more, Leeds doesn't give you any time on the ball.

As well as we have been playing as of late i do not fancy us against Leeds.

3 hours ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Of all the teams I want to avoid, Boggies are top of the list. Johnstone, Gibbs, Hegazi, Phillips, Rodriguez and yes, Gareth Barry, are all top players at this level. They were far better than us at VP when they won 0-2. Add to that the unpredictability of derby games. 

I'd also want to avoid Leeds but I strongly suspect they'll go up in second. 

We had no grealish that game. Remember how we completely outplayed them at their place?, they had to result to cheating to get a point 

It wilm be. A different game now that's for damn sure. 

Oh look, another know it all fan from another team. What the hell is wrong with other teams right now, obsessed with our forum - and they come on here giving it the big I am. 

Even worse cos he's a Leeds fan. Rotten.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Of all the teams I want to avoid, Boggies are top of the list. Johnstone, Gibbs, Hegazi, Phillips, Rodriguez and yes, Gareth Barry, are all top players at this level. They were far better than us at VP when they won 0-2. Add to that the unpredictability of derby games. 

I'd also want to avoid Leeds but I strongly suspect they'll go up in second. 

We were much better at the Hawthorns than they were at VP, let's put it that way. In our current form I don't fear them at all.

8 minutes ago, Dick said:

Oh look, another know it all fan from another team. What the hell is wrong with other teams right now, obsessed with our forum - and they come on here giving it the big I am. 

lol I'm loving all these small time fans thinking they're hot shit because they're in the top 6 of the Championship this season and winning a few games and trying to lord over us. Reminds me of West Brom when they finished above us a couple of times in the PL and all of a sudden they were the biggest team in the Midlands 😂 

Granted, Leeds are a big club...but it's been almost 15 years since they finished in the top 6 of the Championship let alone played in the PL. Take several seats, as the kids say.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We will find it hard to play as we have done when they press as high as they do, i think you need to watch them more, Leeds doesn't give you any time on the ball.

As well as we have been playing as of late i do not fancy us against Leeds.

So you say. They press high. So what? More space to play in behind then. I dont need to watch Leeds more. I just disagree with your appraisal. And I would definitely fancy our chances now. Man for man, we're better in my opinion. Hasn't been that way all sesson. Is now.

58 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Why are you assuming Leeds would have all the possession? You probably would get through but so would we? 

I think the only way we'll have a good battle in a couple of weeks is if we're still needing a win to secure play offs and if Leeds are still fighting for autos. If not it could be a nothing game. 

I still hope you go up. Sheffield United, Villa play off final with us winning, especially with their injury woes

The reason I say we’d have most of the possession as only in only one game this season we’ve had less possession than the opposition that was against sheff united at the start of December. 

I wish Leeds & sheff united finished in the top 2 with villa going up in the playoff so there the premier league has some old fashioned big clubs back in the league. Norwich are just Norwich don’t offer much 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BigRed said:

The reason I say we’d have most of the possession as only in only one game this season we’ve had less possession than the opposition that was against sheff united at the start of December. 

I wish Leeds & sheff united finished in the top 2 with villa going up in the playoff so there the premier league has some old fashioned big clubs back in the league. Norwich are just Norwich don’t offer much 

Agree there. Leeds, Villa & one of the Sheffs should be at the top table. Forest too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick said:

The simple fact is, for as long as we're down here, we'll always be the big boys that everyone with an inferiority complex has a chip on their shoulder about.

• Thanks 2

I’m watched Leeds a lot this season and actually agree with what the fan has said. I think they are better than us and I hope we avoid them. 

But although we are better than most of the other teams in the league. I don’t really feel the need to go on their forums to tell them about it. 

Edit: I do think the Leeds fan has been very respectful in his posts. Not sure why our fans are so quick to jump on the defensive. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Explain how they are better than us, right now as things stand?

Just changed my post so it doesn’t sound like fact. I think they move the ball quicker and play with more energy and intensity than we do. 

Our form is better but I do think they are a better team. Not much in it though.  

They're nervous.

Regardless of what people say, we're the team no one wants to face in the play offs. 

Sheffield United - Billy Sharp possibly injured. Not in great form. Nicking points. 

Leeds - After being in the top all season, dropping out will have morale implications. 

West Brom - Mixed form. Don't look great. 

Bristol - Same as above. Getting to the shakey part of the season. 

Villa - 8 wins on the bounce so far, winning even while playing ugly. Motivation RIGHT behind us. 

I don't care what any fan who ventures into these forums says, when they look at that list we're the ones bottom of their list. We're this season's Fulham.

I said it months ago and I'll say it again; if we make it into the play offs, we'll win them. 

• Like 1