City max pts 76 (Derby 74) or
City max pts 75 (Derby 76)

1 hour ago, SirSteveUK said:

My take on the playoff maths. 4 more pts gives us 76 pts

Boro max pts 76
City max pts 78 (Derby 73) or 

I can see all 3 dropping points on Monday to be honest. I Think beating Millwall will be enough. 

6 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

One more win will do it I think. I dont see Bristol or Derby getting to 75.

Pleased Leeds lost - it means they need to be full tilt for next weekend and we'll get a better measure of them. Should we meet them in the playoffs, Id rather have just played a team needing to win and having to throw it all at us rather than one who effectively had nothing to play for. Also means we could rest one or two for Norwich - i think we'll change it up against Millwall too

Still think they'll get 2nd mind you

This is my desired outcome. Push the Blades till the end then Leeds get second. A stressed out and knackered Sheffield will do me.

Bielsa is the only manager I am afraid of in the playoffs and its going to be about the coach/manager. Our squad is as good as anyone in this league.

• Like 1

I think we’ve likely already done enough for 6th, but a win at Millwall would probably see us cement 5th, and the chance of 4th would still be alive depending on other stuff.

Frankly 4/5th makes no difference, other than the order of the fixtures so once we’ve got 5th there’s no need to kill our selves. Except keeping momentum is important, obviously. 

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think we’ve likely already done enough for 6th, but a win at Millwall would probably see us cement 5th, and the chance of 4th would still be alive depending on other stuff.

Frankly 4/5th makes no difference, other than the order of the fixtures so once we’ve got 5th there’s no need to kill our selves. Except keeping momentum is important, obviously. 

I think we'd need to win one of the last 3. Not many have got in with 72 points.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

This is my desired outcome. Push the Blades till the end then Leeds get second. A stressed out and knackered Sheffield will do me.

Bielsa is the only manager I am afraid of in the playoffs and its going to be about the coach/manager. Our squad is as good as anyone in this league.

But Bielsa has a well earned record of losing the big games so doesn't bother me especially in knockout games

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

My take on the playoff maths. 4 more pts gives us 76 pts

Boro max pts 76
City max pts 78 (Derby 73) or 

Sorry mate, I don't mean to be rude, but I think we should be way past this pessimist mentality. It doesn't matter what others do since we'll win enough ourselves.

It's also starting to feel like last season, when we knew play-offs were ours. It's odd, it's almost like these wins mean less. God I'd hate us to be successful, like all the time, no thank you sir, not for us, no, no no. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's also starting to feel like last season, when we knew play-offs were ours. It's odd, it's almost like these wins mean less. God I'd hate us to be successful, like all the time, no thank you sir, not for us, no, no no. 

😄 I'm the opposite we've won 9 in a row and I'm still afraid of us not getting another win and missing out by a point. Come on Villa one more win and on Monday please 😀

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Genuinely believe whoever gets 6th will get to Wembley. Can see sheff utd/leeds both being completely deflated and messing up.

I think it will mess Leeds up more and they might not recover in time mentally if they lose out on 2nd. They were nervous yesterday and bottled it. Expectation on them is huge, from the fans, city and media.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dick said:

Happy to drop players once play offs are confirmed, but we do need to keep momentum going. 

They'll only be two games left. Last season we had 4-5 games when we were in top 6.

I'd actually play a very strong side at Leeds. If they are to drop in the play offs we need to go there and give a performance that gives them lots to think about. Would leave out McGinn if he's on 14 yellows though e.g. gets booked v Millwall.

Give them all a rest v Norwich.

48 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Genuinely believe whoever gets 6th will get to Wembley. Can see sheff utd/leeds both being completely deflated and messing up.

Bring that on. Boro in a play off final would be the most confident I'd ever be of us beating a team at Wembley.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bring that on. Boro in a play off final would be the most confident I'd ever be of us beating a team at Wembley.

If you put an under 10s team out against us at Wembley I'd fear the worst! 

Im like a beaten dog! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3