What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

had a day on the Alt Bier in dusseldorf saturday, 11am till 10pm on it...at least 3 of the bars i was in was a case of bier or bier, sold nothing else

its good, obviously too much which meant id had enough of it come the end, would say my head was fuzzier sunday morning than what kolsch makes me and id still have kolsch out on top but it's very close

dusseldorf itself i was on the street in germany that has the most bars on it and it just blurs in to one big mess, most of it on the street, 200ml beers getting 1 or 2 at a time then moving on to the next, you can have a good night out there just dont think you're going on to the pina coladas at 6pm when the beer gets too much

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Xela said:

ParallelLastingImperialeagle-size_restri

:D I shall answer you in the pub thread.

On 03/11/2022 at 20:50, Mark Albrighton said:

all I know is that at £5.60 a pint, I feel like I’m in Telford on Thames

Just a quick update. I looked at my recent transactions, seeing what the damage was for Saturday evening,

Transpires that my chosen pint on Thursday night was actually £5.90, not the previously stated bargain price of £5.60.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

had a day on the Alt Bier in dusseldorf saturday, 11am till 10pm on it...at least 3 of the bars i was in was a case of bier or bier, sold nothing else

its good, obviously too much which meant id had enough of it come the end, would say my head was fuzzier sunday morning than what kolsch makes me and id still have kolsch out on top but it's very close

dusseldorf itself i was on the street in germany that has the most bars on it and it just blurs in to one big mess, most of it on the street, 200ml beers getting 1 or 2 at a time then moving on to the next, you can have a good night out there just dont think you're going on to the pina coladas at 6pm when the beer gets too much

Kolsch boo alt bier yay, had some good weekends in Düsseldorf. Although one day was just drinking about 12 guinnei in a sports bar, they did let us bring in pork sandwiches from next door.

tried to explain this before its not so much the beer and the brewing style for me its more the serving that makes it what it is and Alt bier is exactly the same

Small glass thats only 200ml to 400ml in size, swilled with cold water before pouring the cold beer, served incredibly quickly, the big brauhaus wasnt even doing orders or even had a bar there was a guy stood there with a keg just pouring beer non stop and there's several waiters loading the beers up on to round trays and when they get to 20 odd they carry them off around every table saying do you want one, its like a conveyor belt but as a result your beer is fresh and crisp and in 5 minutes its gone and they're ready with the next 

• Like 1

Advance warning, this post will get pelters!

Back in the day there was a pub that had a more casual approach to serving under 18’s so went a lot.

They used to serve a drink that I haven’t seen for years but we used to have quite a bit… Carling Premier.

I just noticed Amazon are selling 24 for £16.99. I thought i’d buy a pack for old times sake as a tipple over Christmas.

Link for anyone else interested 

Edited by Genie
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Back in the day there was a pub that had a more casual approach to serving under 18’s so went a lot.

They used to serve a drink that I haven’t seen for years but we used to have quite a bit… Carling Premier.

698aabfbebebf4c41bcde70c9646e137.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I just noticed Amazon are selling 24 for £16.99. I thought i’d buy a pack for old times sake as a tipple over Christmas.

OMG that stuff was shit ,bottles of Holsten Pils all the way in them bygone days 

Working on a dram of Elijah Craig's 68% small batch. Spicey, caramel, so viscous, but easily drinkable despite its strength, just bloody wonderful. Had it at a tasting last week and couldn't say no to a bottle

brbon_eli12yov1.jpg

On 08/11/2022 at 13:00, Genie said:

Was that the stuff they launched in the mid 90s?  The only difference I remember was that when poured in the pub it came out with a bit of a head on it. Otherwise it tasted exactly the same, ie of absolutely nothing. Fizzy yellow water.

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

image.jpeg.94a71d1bf7fbbcd45fd68f055520f3cf.jpeg

Had this delivered today, the gold edition quite a bit more expensive than the normal but as a fan I thought I would give it a try. Tasting starts tomorrow

I can't read the bottle, haven't seen it before, what is it?

Â