What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

See the source image

i dont 100% know what its meant to be but i'd liken it to bud light which obviously isnt a good thing, got that weird watered down taste despite being 4%, heineken isnt a good beer to start with and this isnt better, easy to drink though, if you wanted to keep up with mates as they throw beer down them this is ideal, i can imagine its therefore popular with young americans

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Friday night, went to a tap house fairly local to me - Leviathan Brewing, in Sutton Coldfield

Cracking venue on a trading estate - great beer and rock music!

Not my photo (it was dark and pissing down when i went)

Fc3-UNzu-X0-AALEg-K-format-jpg-name-larg

I was on the Elysium (link to the menu below)

https://www.leviathanbrewing.co.uk/tap-room/

I also had an Ice Cream Pale, a guest ale from fellow brummie brewery, Burning Soul Brewing Company

After that, we went back to my local and I had a few pints of Timothy Taylor 'Landlord' and some Beavertown 'Neck Oil'

• Like 2

Chuffed to bits, the limited edition committee bottling of Ardbeg Hypernova went on sale at 10:00 and I’ve managed to get one 😘

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Bunny Hop is ace. Why is it the rarest of Purity Beers? 

Good question! 

Had a Purity Gold as well. I like that drink, but in a face off with Bunny Hop, Gold gets well and truly routed. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

@Mark Albrighton needs to update us with his tipple choices. 

Oh, I doubt my choices this evening would be of much interest to our more discerning readership.

So far it’s been Pravha, followed by something called 1985 lager -the “second best lager on tap” at Albert’s Shed, Telford, so the bar maid reliably informs me, all I know is that at £5.60 a pint, I feel like I’m in Telford on Thames. The staff literally questioned the justification of that pricing as I was paying.

That was followed by a spiced rum and coke (lambs, very sweet). 

Rain easing off means I can dart over to the train station, Moretti while I wait at a nearby Harvester.

Back home(ish) and it’s another spiced rum in pub one, then now a peroni in pub two, and I will soon trudge over to the final pub and cheer on Zurich as they play Arsenal. It’ll be more lager and spiced rum.

I would like to have the palate for various ales and the like, but it’s currently not for me. Certainly not as a regular drink.

Today/tonight has been because I’m meeting a mate for drinks in Bridgnorth on Saturday and because of my recent abstinence, I didn’t want to attempt that cold. Regrettably I suspect all I’ve done is given Sunday’s hangover an unwelcome prequel in the form of Friday’s hangover.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Regrettably I suspect all I’ve done is given Sunday’s hangover an unwelcome prequel in the form of Friday’s hangover.

Yep. 

I also appear to have slept in my clothes for good measure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yep. 

I also appear to have slept in my clothes for good measure.

It was a very coherent post considering. My level of grammar and syntax is reduced to a random smorgasbord of vowels and symbols, interspersed with emojis, after a few alcoholic beverages. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

See the source image

i dont know how you can go back on to lager after a rum and coke, like you said its sweet, kills it for me

Steve McFadden in that picture is a fairly accurate portrayal of how I suspect I looked to the people in the shops this morning as I searched for sustenance.

The first swig of lager can be a bit bitter after a rum & coke, but I soon get used to it. Just breaks things up.

7 hours ago, Xela said:

It was a very coherent post considering. My level of grammar and syntax is reduced to a random smorgasbord of vowels and symbols, interspersed with emojis, after a few alcoholic beverages. 

Yeah I think I was just on my merry way when I was posting. It caught up with me later in the evening. 

Too hammered to change for bed, but pleasingly I still remembered to put the recycling out.

• Like 1

On 03/11/2022 at 20:50, Mark Albrighton said:

Today/tonight has been because I’m meeting a mate for drinks in Bridgnorth on Saturday and because of my recent abstinence, I didn’t want to attempt that cold. Regrettably I suspect all I’ve done is given Sunday’s hangover an unwelcome prequel in the form of Friday’s hangover.

ParallelLastingImperialeagle-size_restri

• Haha 1

Â