What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Drinking Sol

Its one of those coors / bud light type beers that tastes like a beer + cold water cocktail

Maybe in the sunshine out of a bottle it gets away with it but it's shite

The winter world cup is a write off

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Drinking Sol

Its one of those coors / bud light type beers that tastes like a beer + cold water cocktail

Piece of lime in the neck?

On 19/11/2022 at 10:49, rjw63 said:

I don't actually like whiskey. At all.

But...

I was intrigued by Don Draper from Mad Men and his penchant for an "Old fashioned". A lot of them.

When we were on a cruise a few years back I asked the barman to do us an Old Fashioned, I mean the booze was included so why not?

I was surprised to find I liked it.

This week after being given a bottle of whiskey I don't like, I decided to get the ingredients to make an Old Fashioned.

The half bottle of whiskey is almost gone after two nights ;)

Old fashioned are whiskey gateway drugs. They are very moreish. 

• Like 1

On 19/11/2022 at 10:49, rjw63 said:

I don't actually like whiskey. At all.

But...

I was intrigued by Don Draper from Mad Men and his penchant for an "Old fashioned". A lot of them.

When we were on a cruise a few years back I asked the barman to do us an Old Fashioned, I mean the booze was included so why not?

I was surprised to find I liked it.

This week after being given a bottle of whiskey I don't like, I decided to get the ingredients to make an Old Fashioned.

The half bottle of whiskey is almost gone after two nights ;)

if you really wanna add a bit of theatre to the experience get yourself a wee smoker kit (about £30 on amazon) which gives you some diffferent flavoured woodchips and chimney thingy to infuse your drink with a smokey flavour - a "Smokey Old Fashioned" if you will

Bit twattish, granted, and you wouldnt do it all the time, but its great fun if you have people round or whatever.

On 20/11/2022 at 04:34, astondalston said:

Not sure about making your stomach hurt but yes you should pour a beer into a glass (unless no option) and you should pour it quickly to release the CO2. This makes the beer taste better. Part of a previous job I did a beer and cellar course. Part of it was trying a bottle of beer poured differently and definitely tastes better that way. I find it's bit the best way to pour a the Belgian strong beers, trapping ones etc as they are too lively to do really quick.

Not long after being with my now wife, I'd bought a bottle of beer I was looking forward to. She was making a drink for herself and thought it would be nice to get me mine. She was probably proud of how she poured it without spilling any, I came in the kitchen and saw her finishing the pour. I wasn't intentionally rude but she read my facial expression at seeing this flat looking beer. 7 years later and she's not poured a beer for me since.

Just poured one of the beers she got me for my birthday though. From a beer and snack set - Empress Premium British Pale ale. Pretty ordinary, she's not here so don't have to hide my expression.

A8isH5L.jpeg

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

if you really wanna add a bit of theatre to the experience get yourself a wee smoker kit (about £30 on amazon) which gives you some diffferent flavoured woodchips and chimney thingy to infuse your drink with a smokey flavour - a "Smokey Old Fashioned" if you will

Bit twattish, granted, and you wouldnt do it all the time, but its great fun if you have people round or whatever.

Ugh, I really dislike smokey drinks. I think Jose Cuervo Gold is horrendous. 

On 19/11/2022 at 17:38, El Zen said:

Staying in, and I don’t normally drink at home, but sort of on a whim picked up a couple of bottles of Peroni from the supermarket yesterday. For a generic, mass produced lager, it’s not bad. 

After an absolute bastard of a day, I’m going to repeat this from last weekend out of pure self-pity and get as drunk as I can get on six small bottles of lager. It won’t get me drunk at all, of course, but a decent buzz will suit me just fine.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Drinking Sol

Yeah, on a sun terrace in Marbella, its passable

In a Tipton pub, on a winter night, it loses any miniscule appeal it may have had. 

• Like 1

A summary of the ales I drank. In order of my favourite first. All amber/golden ales. No dark ales on cask, which I thought is a surprise for winter. 

Barbus Barbus - Butts Brewery (Berkshire)

BrhN9FC.jpg

Butty Bach - Wye Valley Brewery (Herefordshire)

8e718c12a97a0b75014cd344fab1f63c-640x640

Otter Amber - Otter Brewery (Devon) 

60927c48e91a4ad978e00bbad696a595-640x640

Golden Fleece IPA - Cotswold Lion Brewery (Gloucestershire)

Golden-fleece.jpg

Sadly, an issue with the latest delivery of 'Old Hooky' from Hook Norton Brewery, in Oxfordshire, meant that was off. Shame.

Overall, an enjoyable selection of ales. No complaints!

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

Don’t know if you’re an Islam fan @Davkaus but see if you can get a bottle of this if so:

FromaGaelicSeaFar_FarAway-Emperor_sBarre

Had it in the Head of Steam in town mate last night and took an extra two bottles home (as well as drinking some other very good cans on 3 for 2!).

Very strong peated whiskey flavours coming though. I loved it, but it does seem to split opinion.

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Don’t know if you’re an Islam fan @Davkaus but see if you can get a bottle of this if so:

FromaGaelicSeaFar_FarAway-Emperor_sBarre

Had it in the Head of Steam in town mate last night and took an extra two bottles home (as well as drinking some other very good cans on 3 for 2!).

Very strong peated whiskey flavours coming though. I loved it, but it does seem to split opinion.

That looks up my street. I love some Islay whiskey - the danger of peaty whiskeys is there can be a broad range of flavour profiles. I like the smokiness, a bit of the vegetive flavours, but I struggle when it gets a bit "TCP".

Never been let down by Vault City though, so I'll try and get my hands on some

• Like 1

Â