What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nice! Whats your husband drinking? 

;)

Hahaha....😅

I first had that drink on a business class flight to Oz.....you would've been truly outraged as one of my fellow BC fliers was wearing a white vest and skanky jeans and was so proppa gobby (mate) all flight....they'll let anyone on these days 😠

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm halfway through my 2nd Belgian elephant beer

Ill still have a headache on Wednesday 

I woke up with a headache after just reading this post. 

16 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

That sounds good.   I want to try that.  What’s the recipe?

We had little book from the Cambridge Gin Laboratory, which appears to have been 'tidied'.

It's an easy one. Here's one that looks similar.

50ml  Gin

1 bunch basil leaves (if in doubt as to how much, go heavy on the basil)

25ml fresh lemon juice

15ml sugar syrup

Place basil and lemon into a cocktail shaker. Gently muddle the lemon and basil “smashing” the ingredients. Add sugar syrup and gin and top up with ice. Shake vigorously (the phrase “Hulk Smash!” comes to mind). Double strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with basil leaves.

https://www.gin-foundry.com/cocktail/basil-smash-cocktail/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Went out to get a few bottles of Delirium after reading this page, it's going to be a merry final game :D 

Drink enough to forget the result!

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Went out to get a few bottles of Delirium after reading this page, it's going to be a merry final game :D 

Do they have the same grey bottles in the UK?

That's what drew me to it, the bottles look cool, was too strong for me though, didn't really enjoy it

Tonight I'm on leffe bruin, not a leffe fan but this is my first time drinking bruin and I'm enjoying it (I'd never heard of the other beers on tap)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Do they have the same grey bottles in the UK?

That's what drew me to it, the bottles look cool, was too strong for me though, didn't really enjoy it

At 8.4% rather than my preferred 10-12% range, I'd class it as a driving beer ;) 

Yeah they do use the grey bottles globally. It's been a regular beer for me for years, can see why it takes some getting used to. It's not quite as good bottled, I'm quite fortunate that as well as having had it on tap in Belgium, there's a pub local to me in Nottingham that has it on tap as well, and it's a different beer compared to bottle, seems a lot richer, with some lovely sweetness I never get from the bottles.

Quite partial to a Leffe Brun as well - think that was my entry beer for trappist-style beers. If you're enjoying that, Belgian dubbels are worth exploring. Westmalle dubbel, La Trappe, and Rochefort 6 are definitely worth a go if you enjoy that flavour profile

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â