What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Bought 4 bottles of this... The bag handle snapped on the way home (the wife was carrying it...) leaving me just the one, it's a very nice easy to drink light beer I'm impressed with and now disappointed to only have one

On to efes, its OK, drinkable but not as good 

25614.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Not quite the Carling that @Davkaus offered, but quality wise, similar

Not a fan i'm afraid. 

lja0IKf.png

Yeah I had the last of a four pack of Basic Shake before which I only bought one night in the garage because everything else on offer was worse

Brew Dog really is a victory of brand recognition over quality, most of them really are more miss than hit

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Bottle of Sailor Jerry spiced rum open now.

They took away the gif button but I know you know what bunk shaking his head look like

That said I've self poured a blue lagoon, think it's the first time I've drank vodka in about 3 years and I'm full of regret 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They took away the gif button but I know you know what bunk shaking his head look like

That said I've self poured a blue lagoon, think it's the first time I've drank vodka in about 3 years and I'm full of regret 

It was in the drinks cupboard... I have no recollection of buying it or how long it has been there! It was that or one of about eight single malts, so I had the rum. 

I'm no aficionado of rum in the slightest. 

I used to be, I'm my hey day maybe 7 years ago I was ordering a bottle of rum a month off whiskey exchange trying to sample as many as possible with the help of a great rum Bible which basically said be really wary of any rum laced with vanilla because they use it to mask a shit batch, Sailor Jerry to me was the epitome of that and then from recollection the company got themselves in to some trouble changed the recipe branched off with another rum company called something J

Now the only vanilla rums I touch are kraken which for me probably is pound for pound pub / bar rum champion or rumbullion 

I'm gonna throw this cocktail down me and move on to Havana club 3 and coke, the HC yellow label (the white lable doesn't leave Cuba and was dirt cheap there, embarrassing cheap like £3 a litre or something daft) HC white is the best readily available IMO but usually everywhere stocks the inferior bacardi instead, HC in general are the best mainstream rum distillery 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Not a fan i'm afraid. 

lja0IKf.png

I have to be honest, I do still drink these. I've now had better grapefruit IPAs several times, but as always the difference is that Brewdog can be found everywhere. And I don't think they're *that* bad - I mean, putting them in the same bracket as Carling! Not for me.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I have to be honest, I do still drink these. I've now had better grapefruit IPAs several times, but as always the difference is that Brewdog can be found everywhere. And I don't think they're *that* bad - I mean, putting them in the same bracket as Carling! Not for me.

I just think it was a bit 'meh'. I guess I prefer grapefruit in sour beer like this:

vydLVXT.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fair, but Carling could only be 'meh' in its wildest dreams!

On a red hot day, gasping for a pint, an ice cold Carling... suffices! :D 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Not a fan i'm afraid. 

lja0IKf.png

I used to buy a couple of bottles for the train home when I'd done a late shift at work, it was 6.5%. I don't like grapefruit at all but did like that. I found in a can the grapefruit taste was stronger than in a bottle, so preferred a bottle. The new version is 5.1%, it misses the extra strength. They are doing or have done a 7.2% version, not tried that though if it's available. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I used to buy a couple of bottles for the train home when I'd done a late shift at work, it was 6.5%. I don't like grapefruit at all but did like that. I found in a can the grapefruit taste was stronger than in a bottle, so preferred a bottle. The new version is 5.1%, it misses the extra strength. They are doing or have done a 7.2% version, not tried that though if it's available. 

I also preferred the bottle to the can FWIW.

• Like 1

Just now, AlwaysAVFC said:

I read somewhere they were going back to the 6.5% 

Yes, here is the tweet

• Like 1

I  bought a couple of bottles of Chateauneuf-du-pape to see in the new year, but it doesn't seem right in the current climate, and my son's just gone teetotal on me!.

I've decided to see in the new year with a bottle of Henry Weston's (8.2%) vintage cider. It's brewed just down the road from me so it seems fitting.

There's snobbery and there's nectar. 

• Like 1

I know with my pedestrian tastes my opinion is null and void, for me though, Brew Dog is by a large margin the worst mainstream brewer. Never had a pint which I didn't regret buying. Now I just swerve them. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I know with my pedestrian tastes my opinion is null and void, for me though, Brew Dog is by a large margin the worst mainstream brewer. Never had a pint which I didn't regret buying. Now I just swerve them. 

Me too. Overrated pish.

That said, the local offie had some Brewdog lager on sale, I think it was called “Lost”, and I bought some and it was very decent and tasted of lager.

• Like 1

Â