What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

6 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Birthday drinks...so everything really 🤣

Well you seem to have disappeared from Wankbook so you miss out on the birthday clunge pic

13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Well you seem to have disappeared from Wankbook so you miss out on the birthday clunge pic

Yeah, taking a sabbatical for a bit mate.

9 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, taking a sabbatical for a bit mate.

I'll put it on here when we get rid of the advertisers ;)

• Thanks 1

Ordered some of my favourite beer Krombacher Dark from Beers of Europe ( their tagline, 'not just beer, not just Europe' is a bit weird given their name) and it came today.  Pretty good service really.  I've really been missing it since the Brewhouse shut, I love German dunkel but it's hard to get over here.

What's with all the fruity and sweet flavored beers and ales?  Around here it used to be what the women who normally didn't drink beer would drink when meeting friends at a brew pub.  😉

The only fruit laced beer I ever liked was this:

At the time, only available on tap at the brew pub in a tiny town in Oregon, with one batch brewed during blackberry season because it was made with fresh blackberries.  A porter has a strong enough flavor to stand up to the fruit and is also a good match for the blackberry flavor.   I have no idea if it's changed since they expanded to multiple locations and started bottling.   I suspect brewing in larger volumes may have affected quality, but if you're into the fruity stuff and can find it in late summer or early fall, it would be worth a try.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

theres a few new flavours of the various big beers being advertised (warsteiner for example) but im guessing due to the virus nowhere actually has them

did have a few of these last night, up there with the best ive had in germany

See the source image

• Like 2

@choffer where did you get the flensburger from?! cant picture ever seeing it in the UK

also a like for the Modello, maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder cos I rarely get to drink it but id have it as the best bottled beer going, definitely a contender

as for ze german beers....flensburger is my favourite, warsteiner is gassy shit, jever is a bang average something of nothing, veltins is slightly better but still nothing to go out of your way for, konig pilnser, krombacher and bitburger are solid 7/10s, paulaner and erdinger are a level up from them, franziskaner weissbeer is quality but the dunkel is a bit heavy, erdinger dunkel is my poison of choice

See the source image

Edited by villa4europe

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

@choffer where did you get the flensburger from?! cant picture ever seeing it in the UK

also a like for the Modello, maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder cos I rarely get to drink it but id have it as the best bottled beer going, definitely a contender

Mixed case order from Beer Hawk. 

Agree on the Modello. Really lovely stuff. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Didn't you post that same picture last weekend?🤔

Similar ;) The vast majority of the beers are different, but my kitchen remains the same except a tea towel has moved (and that Guinness tea towel is actually a different one, I have two and the other one had a wash).

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â