What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

where u get that from @Xela ?

Sutton Drinks Store, at the Lanes Shopping Centre in Wylde Green. Think it used to be called Michaels? 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sutton Drinks Store, at the Lanes Shopping Centre in Wylde Green. Think it used to be called Michaels? 

Oh yeah, next to the spar ? 

Might pay it a visit. Cheers dude.

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Oh yeah, next to the spar ? 

Might pay it a visit. Cheers dude.

That's the one. They have a decent selection of craft beers. Quite a big selection of ciders as well including all the wacky Brothers flavours

• Thanks 1

On 12/05/2020 at 10:01, mottaloo said:

My tiny rebel delivery just arrived - thing is, I'm on a night shift tonight and it would be surely very stupid to try one now. 

Right ?

images (3).jpeg

Tried that jam one last week. It was delicious. Could be dangerous if you had a load of them as it goes down like pop. 

Reminded me of the sauce you got on a 99 ice cream as a child. 

7 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Tried that jam one last week. It was delicious. Could be dangerous if you had a load of them as it goes down like pop. 

Reminded me of the sauce you got on a 99 ice cream as a child. 

Absolutely and it cost me £16 for six 330ml cans too !

Yes, the raspberry ripple sauce taste with a bit of bread/doughy aftertaste as well. Very moreish indeed !

1 hour ago, Xela said:

@mottaloo I'll see your jam doughnut pale ale and raise you one of these - a neopolitan ice cream pale ale! 

450x450.jpg

Its not quite a vienetta ale that @Seat68 wants but its close!

Wow !! Me likey !!

Just now, mottaloo said:

Wow !! Me likey !!

Its a nice drop. 

Got it from Morrisons in Aldridge earlier today. Quite a few Northern Monk beers. 4 for £6

• Thanks 1

I'm really not a fan of Northern Monk, I went to a wedding in Leeds that had the reception in their brewery, and I've never just left so many pints on the bar, it was absolutely undrinkable. It was all their standard ales and IPAs though, nothing like that.

Tonight I have a chocolate and hazelnut porter by Totally Brewed. Good job because I bought 5 litres. 

Edited by Davkaus

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm really not a fan of Northern Monk, I went to a wedding in Leeds that had the reception in their brewery, and I've never just left so many pints on the bar, it was absolutely undrinkable. It was all their standard ales and IPAs though, nothing like that.

I've only tried the ice cream pale ale and it was decent. Got a few more of theirs to taste. 

They also do/did these. A special batch I believe

NorthernMonk_WebStore_AuntBessies_3000x1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Xela said:

@mottaloo I'll see your jam doughnut pale ale and raise you one of these - a neopolitan ice cream pale ale! 

450x450.jpg

Its not quite a vienetta ale that @Seat68 wants but its close!

Like this one. I love their bar in Manchester.

Well lockdown is easing in Poland from Monday and we're going to a restaurant next Saturday so this may be the last full weekend of lockdown beer lineups (though I anticipate next Friday to be as usual). Possibly only one more Groundhog weekend for you to put up with then @il_serpente 😛 I might see if I can spice up the background or something.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I've only tried the ice cream pale ale and it was decent. Got a few more of theirs to taste. 

They also do/did these. A special batch I believe

NorthernMonk_WebStore_AuntBessies_3000x1

Aunt Bessie on the can makes it look very classy and on-trend!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably been discussed on here before but has/is anyone signed up to any beer clubs or anything? Was thinking of taking advantage of a trial offer for Beer 52 but read that their cancellation process can be a bit of a pain in the arse. Admittedly I think I probably would just have the cheap first month and then leave it (I'm not a huge drinker and if I'm spending money on booze I'd probably rather go with spirits) but will happily take advantage of any offers like that if it doesn't cause me any hassle!

Â