What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

1 hour ago, Sid4ever said:

Ooh someone’s doing well for themselves 😃

Lol.   We're both lucky to still be working and are saving a lot on other expenses and discretionary expenditures during this whole thing, so decided to treat ourselves on a Saturday night.   Plus, judging from the number of bottles in his pictures, I doubt we've spent more than @fightoffyour!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jareth said:

I've found this one hits the spot in flavour and strength and the extra US mililiters somehow feels important...

IPA-12oz.png

These guys are everywhere here. Solid beers. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Lol.   We're both lucky to still be working and are saving a lot on other expenses and discretionary expenditures during this whole thing, so decided to treat ourselves on a Saturday night.   Plus, judging from the number of bottles in his pictures, I doubt we've spent more than @fightoffyour!

As much as I'm saving on other expenses too, I would indeed bankrupt myself soon enough if the drinking wasn't constrained to Fridays and Saturdays. Although if it wasn't, the liver might give up before my wallet does...

[Also let me reiterate that I'm sharing these beers, just in case anyone was worried 😃]

Edited by fightoffyour

Didn't drink at the weekend... yet now i'm back working, I have cracked one open 

Very nice. Mango/10 

WB

drygate-brewing-co-drygate-disco-forklif

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Didn't drink at the weekend... yet now i'm back working, I have cracked one open 

Very nice. Mango/10 

WB

Yeah, I love that one, it's possibly my most-consumed beer these days (it helps that you can buy it in Sainsbury's of course).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

A bit of an acquired taste 

Nice, but bit sickly. 

31022-B.jpg?fv=C34683AFF25535A29E5283A7B

A really annoying thing is that my local Asda has stopped stocking the Wells banana bread beer . . .

3224_1500H.jpg

In place of the Eagle one in your post, which I don't like as much.

I can't believe how far downhill that Asda beer selection has gone, and it kind of pisses me off. When I started getting into beers about four years ago, they had a much larger selection, over more shelves, but most of it has gone now in favour of multi-packs of Brewdog and large quantities of 'safe' choices like Abbot Ale and Hobgoblin. It's not that I mind any of those, but I don't need an entire rack of them; give me more variety.

Pah.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

A really annoying thing is that my local Asda has stopped stocking the Wells banana bread beer . . .

In place of the Eagle one in your post, which I don't like as much.

I can't believe how far downhill that Asda beer selection has gone, and it kind of pisses me off. When I started getting into beers about four years ago, they had a much larger selection, over more shelves, but most of it has gone now in favour of multi-packs of Brewdog and large quantities of 'safe' choices like Abbot Ale and Hobgoblin. It's not that I mind any of those, but I don't need an entire rack of them; give me more variety.

Pah.

Marstons must have done something to it as they purchased the Charles Wells brewery in Bedford in 2017 and rebranded it as Eagle Brewery. The redesign on the bottle looks like something a small child would do. 

Picked up a couple of ales this morning from Sainsburys but pretty much exhausted the supermarket choices now. 

• Like 1

On 04/05/2020 at 17:14, Xela said:

Very nice. Mango/10 

WB

Yes! Only had it on Friday for the first time. Will be picking up more. Not too overpowering with fruit. £1.50 at the moment as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Marstons must have done something to it as they purchased the Charles Wells brewery in Bedford in 2017 and rebranded it as Eagle Brewery. The redesign on the bottle looks like something a small child would do. 

Picked up a couple of ales this morning from Sainsburys but pretty much exhausted the supermarket choices now. 

Huh, I didn't know that. Must have changed the recipe a bit then, because as you say it tastes sweeter to me.

Â