What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Not a big beer drinker at home, usually stick to my whisky collection and maybe have a dram every other night and a beer or two on the weekend. I like darker beers and haven't had any in a long time thanks to being stuck at home but treated myself to a few bottles today, nothing too exotic and i'm not sure if they're any good but i'm sure they'll be better than the tins of Fosters sitting in the fridge.

spacer.png

Edited by Pembers
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Having a nice vienetta pale ale tonight as well as my usual tipple of mars bar ipa. 

Pics or GTFO 

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

did you buy a crate of each brand and then mix them up every weekend?

Moi? No they're mostly fresh releases every week, placing an order with the local beer shop as they come into stock and collecting every so often. Might not be considered as essential for some, but I beg to differ! It's just go in, pay, take and leave, 1 person in store at a time anyway.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Moi? No they're mostly fresh releases every week, placing an order with the local beer shop as they come into stock and collecting every so often. Might not be considered as essential for some, but I beg to differ! It's just go in, pay, take and leave, 1 person in store at a time anyway.

Legend!

How much do you spend on booze weekly?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Legend!

How much do you spend on booze weekly?

Probably too much! They generally around 10zl ~ £2 per bottle, or double that for the imperial stouts and more again for the barrel aged ones.
Well it's become quite a passion, and one that can actually continue if not grow right now, as well as being pretty much the only thing to spend money on apart from food. I will clarify again that I'm not the only one drinking them though! The missus is into it (almost) as much as me, which is brilliant.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Probably too much! They generally around 10zl ~ £2 per bottle, or double that for the imperial stouts and more again for the barrel aged ones.
Well it's become quite a passion, and one that can actually continue if not grow right now, as well as being pretty much the only thing to spend money on apart from food. I will clarify again that I'm not the only one drinking them though! The missus is into it (almost) as much as me, which is brilliant.

So roughly about £800.00 weekly, peanuts!

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

So roughly about £800.00 weekly, peanuts!

It's actually only about £50-60 per week for both of us, not sure why I thought that needed to be justified. Definitely would be spending more in bars and on taxis.

• Like 2

I've got a few ingredients in the fridge that are close to the edge, so I've made myself a little early morning brew-

Fresh ginger root

Halved clove of garlic

Sliver of Habanero pepper

Squeeze of lemon juice

Teaspoon of turmeric

2 teaspoons honey

Half teaspoon of fresh cracked black peppercorn

2 cups boiling water

This will be delicious or totally undrinkable...hang on.....

Well, I was wrong, it's somewhere in between. The turmeric is really strange on it's own without the other curry spices. The ginger and honey are really nice though. Altogether sort of musky. People say the health benefits of turmeric are activated by  cracked black peppercorn. And the other elements are all good for you. Except for the honey maybe. But without the honey, it would be a bit difficult to finish.

Edited by maqroll

My tiny rebel delivery just arrived - thing is, I'm on a night shift tonight and it would be surely very stupid to try one now. 

Right ?

images (3).jpeg

tiny-rebel-dutty-1579519144695-x-865-0016-Can-Mockup-Dutty.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

My tiny rebel delivery just arrived - thing is, I'm on a night shift tonight and it would be surely very stupid to try one now. 

Right ?

Well, how was it?! 

• Haha 1

Had a day off yesterday. Back to it today

Sam Smith's (not him.. sorry 'they') Apricot beer

Very sweet. Different though. 

Samuel-Smiths-Organic-Apricot-Ale-IMG_12

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

Well, how was it?! 

Saving it for jays virtual pubquiz on thur night.

Or, at about 4am on my night shift later !

• Like 1

Â