Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

For anyone interested, there's a really good 6 part documentary on Sky History that's just started. The Secret History Of Comics. E1 was all about the evolution of Marvel comics and the relationship between Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2021 at 08:56, mikeyp102 said:

Black Widow 6.5/10

Action shots were decent, the relationship between Pugh and Johanssen was good and they had good chemistry. David Harbour was clearly having fun in the role.
But a bit lacking in story and villain. 

Reveal hidden contents

The Red Room up in the sky was ridiculous and you never felt he was a threat anyway. 
Not knowing the comics it still seemed a waste of Taskmaster

Spoiler

Imagine on a day like today.. "oh thats an odd looking cloud"... "nothing to see here, move along" ...

FWIW, I didn't like the film. Ray Winstone "Bet in film naaaaaaa, time of the next fight scene"... irritated me.

• Like 1

Black Widow was better than I expected, sure she’s a pretty dull character so the introduction of the ‘family’ was much needed.

David Harbour was the standout for me but the achievement award must go to Ray Winstone’s agent - the guy must be a genius to get him work! 🤣

my only other gripe is the slowed down, plinky plonk use of Smells Like Teen Spirit… 

• Like 3

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

£20 to watch Black Widow??!? When we already pay for the streaming service anyway? Crazy.

I took my lad and a couple of his mates to the see it at the cinema for the same price… 

43 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

£20 to watch Black Widow??!? When we already pay for the streaming service anyway? Crazy.

With then it being on streaming services resulting in a proper version rather than a cam out on the open seas... 

Its madness but I imagine they're desperate 

Loki was up and down for me. Lots of lengthy scenes of just dialogue, particularly the finale. I wanted more action and not Sylvie and Loki having heart to hearts. 
Also it was Loki only in name, it was the character that I knew. Sylvie was excellent though, really was the standout for the series. 
Black Widow next and perhaps thats it. My wife will be happy that I will have finally watched everything. 

41 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Loki was up and down for me. Lots of lengthy scenes of just dialogue, particularly the finale. I wanted more action and not Sylvie and Loki having heart to hearts. 
Also it was Loki only in name, it was the character that I knew. Sylvie was excellent though, really was the standout for the series. 
Black Widow next and perhaps thats it. My wife will be happy that I will have finally watched everything

For now... 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Enjoyed Black Widow much more than I thought I would.

Decent story, good pacing and some very well done Bourne esque fight sequences. I also think the casting of the co-stars was bang on, especially F.Pugh and D.Harbour who I thought were both excellent in their respective roles.

Agreed.  Though I actually went in with high hopes and they weren't dashed. 

Some genuine LOL moments in the film too. A solid 7.5/10 for me.  

Harbour and Pugh given the best material, and they didn't waste it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

catching up on the TV series:

Wandavision - slow start, but great after the first couple of episodes.  Great concept and a big risk starting the series the way they did.  Must have lost a lot of viewers after episode 1.

Loki - Was really good.   The TVA reminded me of The Umbrella Academy.

Falcon & Winter Soldier - first episode was bad.  Didn't continue. 

What if... - starting next.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2021 at 12:43, ender4 said:

catching up on the TV series:

Wandavision - slow start, but great after the first couple of episodes.  Great concept and a big risk starting the series the way they did.  Must have lost a lot of viewers after episode 1.

Loki - Was really good.   The TVA reminded me of The Umbrella Academy.

Falcon & Winter Soldier - first episode was bad.  Didn't continue. 

What if... - starting next.

Falcon and Winter soldier got better after the first episode, but it's the worst of the three. There are some good moments though. I've heard bad things about What If...it sounds like they try to cram too much in every episode. 

Â