Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

Third episode of Hawkeye solidly good fun with some good action. It's very much a side story but it's the kind of thing the Disney+ stuff should be great for. Some nice hints towards bigger things going on as well.

• Like 3

fiege has said that charlie cox is the MCU daredevil but not given anything away as to what he will do next

not sure on the context but i take that as good news, i loved the netflix show and would like him back, the other 3 im not fussed by, punisher was great but not sure what else they'd do with him, especially on disney+

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

fiege has said that charlie cox is the MCU daredevil but not given anything away as to what he will do next

not sure on the context but i take that as good news, i loved the netflix show and would like him back, the other 3 im not fussed by, punisher was great but not sure what else they'd do with him, especially on disney+

Spoilers for upcoming movie - no idea how important said spoilers are

Spoiler

There are photos of Cox as Murdock in a scene from No Way Home, sat in Aunt May's apartment with Peter. May and Happy Hogan.

Possible further spoilers for a Disney+ series

Spoiler

It's been heavily rumoured Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin is making an appearance in Hawkeye. It's possible he's actually had an appearance already, as the man who meets Echo as a child in the karate school. 

Which also would help with the fact the series has laid on its obvious villain so much that making it a red herring is the only way to redeem that storyline. And no making it the mom doesn't count.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I think because it's a 6/10 film I'm in no rush to aquire it and watch it through a potato but at the same time I still want to see it 

There's a strong rumour the end of credits clip for spiderman is the Dr strange trailer 

Yes watch the best pic you can get, its visually very good looking, its not one of them 19.99 payg is it?

Do u know if Boba Fett is weekly or all at once, I do not think Disney is quite good value on top of everything else I pay for but will keep till watched that.

• Like 1

I've been waiting for Eternals. It's the least hyped I've been for an MCU film and I've basically only been interested in the cinematography and some of the stuff it sets up (i.e. Kit Harrington's character is a bigger deal than just a supporting character). I hoped they'd push it for this side of Christmas.

No Way Home is apparently very fan servicey, which is no bad thing in my book as someone who basically wants a Spider-Man film to be a live action version of the 90s animated series I'm hopeful. It's also supposedly kept a few secrets so I'm intrigued what else is up its sleeve.

• Like 1

Just now, Chindie said:

I'm a high Covid risk so I've basically been s hermit for 2 years nearly. I'm not going anywhere near a cinema any time soon.

Ah shit that's a pisser mate. I know how much you love the Marvel stuff (I was looking forward to your review tbh).

19 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Ah shit that's a pisser mate. I know how much you love the Marvel stuff (I was looking forward to your review tbh).

Yeah it's shit. I've been having to wait for home releases of everything. Not too bad for Shang-chi and the Eternals, both characters I don't really care that much about, but still part of the bigger picture. And I do love my comic stuff, and especially the MCU, the only property I care more about is Discworld, so it's crap.

But Spider-Man is a different story. He's not my favourite Marvel hero, we all know who that is, but he's not far off the top, and I love Holland's portrayal, and this is evidently a big deal film.

So yeah. It's shit. But there we are.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

Yeah it's shit. I've been having to wait for home releases of everything. Not too bad for Shang-chi and the Eternals, both characters I don't really care that much about, but still part of the bigger picture. And I do love my comic stuff, and especially the MCU, the only property I care more about is Discworld, so it's crap.

But Spider-Man is a different story. He's not my favourite Marvel hero, we all know who that is, but he's not far off the top, and I love Holland's portrayal, and this is evidently a big deal film.

So yeah. It's shit. But there we are.

Similar boat to me. Discworld is utterly fantastic and my favourite subject. I'm gutted I didn't go up and talk to Pratchett when I saw him at Manchester Airport. Then probably a tie between MCU and Tolkien. 

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The end of hawkeye episode 5 😁 awesome 

I can imagine what it is, but maybe I have no idea.

I've wanted to say for a while though, generally, I think Hawkeye is great. The first 10 minutes of the first episode was full of crap dialogue but since then it's been really enjoyable and high quality—good writing and some great moments and bits of direction.

Edited by Rolta

Â