Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

I've not seen concept art but I know they finally officially announced Isaac in the role. Why it's taken so long I've no idea, he's been in training for it for months and about on set since filming started.

Still one of the the mouse hyped things possible for me.

Avengers Infinity War today. Hmmm

Spoiler

Not sure about all the death. An absolute **** ton of characters culled in one go. 
Obviously liked the huge ensemble cast, which was a bonus. Thanos was great. Drax was great. Good to see Thor get an ommer back. 
Not sure where I would place it, not the best, not the worst. 
All in all not sure about it is the overriding view. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Avengers Infinity War today. Hmmm

Hide contents

Not sure about all the death. An absolute **** ton of characters culled in one go. 
Obviously liked the huge ensemble cast, which was a bonus. Thanos was great. Drax was great. Good to see Thor get an ommer back. 
Not sure where I would place it, not the best, not the worst. 
All in all not sure about it is the overriding view. 

Maybe let it settle down and have a think about it before reading the spoiler... 

Spoiler

I thought they went too far, I knew what it was straight away, they basically killed off all the new characters leaving the original avengers line up and then I always knew that the future was spiderman, Dr strange, black panther, as such all those deaths don't work, there's no impact to it 

Its a big spoiler but you'll think about it and work it out eventually, especially if you look at what films you have left and what films they're releasing in the next couple of years 

• Like 1

Watched Ant Man and The Wasp today. Average I would say. Rudd is excellent and at the comedy end of the MCU films its good in that respect but my thoughts are that it doesn’t progress the wider story along. So unsure of its value. 

Enjoyed the first episode of Loki, more than I expected to.

I'm a sucker for anything involving agencies and bureaucracies behind phenomenon so this was right up my street, and while I'm less keen on 'time stuff' this has enough about it to maybe do something intriguing with that.

Spoiler

Interesting that they appeared to point directly at Mephisto as 'a Thing' in this world, the latest and most blatant of a series that started in WandaVision.

I'm suddenly intrigued in finding out what happened historically in Aix-en-Provence in 1549, and Salina Oklahoma in 1858.

Shame DB Cooper just became an extended gag sequence though.

But yeah, good start. Intrigued.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Enjoyed the first episode of Loki, more than I expected to.

I'm a sucker for anything involving agencies and bureaucracies behind phenomenon so this was right up my street, and while I'm less keen on 'time stuff' this has enough about it to maybe do something intriguing with that.

Hide contents

Interesting that they appeared to point directly at Mephisto as 'a Thing' in this world, the latest and most blatant of a series that started in WandaVision.

I'm suddenly intrigued in finding out what happened historically in Aix-en-Provence in 1549, and Salina Oklahoma in 1858.

Shame DB Cooper just became an extended gag sequence though.

But yeah, good start. Intrigued.

Spoiler

It won’t be Mephisto, like you say it’s just them throwing stuff out that started at Wandavision. 

I’ve heard people say it’ll be Lady Loki, but I know nothing of that. 

Enjoyed The episode interested to see where they take it

On 30/05/2021 at 17:50, villa4europe said:

Maybe let it settle down and have a think about it before reading the spoiler... 

Hide contents

Your post is a massive spoiler in itself... not the hidden bit, but the bit below. 

I haven’t requoted it here, so it’s not repeated if you edit your post.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It won’t be Mephisto, like you say it’s just them throwing stuff out that started at Wandavision. 

I’ve heard people say it’ll be Lady Loki, but I know nothing of that. 

Enjoyed The episode interested to see where they take it

The villain supposedly is

Spoiler

Lady Loki. Which is fair enough, there's been a female Loki for a while.

Ah man I enjoyed the first episode of Loki. 

Spoiler

Watching him react to being told he is responsible for his mother's death and then to Odin's acceptance of him as his son, Thor's affection for him and ultimately his own death and the sober realisation he "can't go back".... Marvel has always casted well and Hiddleston's Loki is one of the best.

The MTU has gone very heavy on grief and loss and regret so far across the 3 shows.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Loki, but ...

Spoiler

The "time travellers fixing errors in the timeline" is such a well-worn trope from everything from Star Trek Enterprise to Legends Of Tomorrow that I really hope they find a way to do something really interesting with it.

My worry is that it's just a lazy "hook" to hang banal Marvel action sequences off of (with the added eye candy of happening at any point in history).

Admittedly, the charismatic acting and great VFX would still make this an enjoyable watch but it risks being entirely forgettable.

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I enjoyed Loki, but ...

Hide contents

The "time travellers fixing errors in the timeline" is such a well-worn trope from everything from Star Trek Enterprise to Legends Of Tomorrow that I really hope they find a way to do something really interesting with it.

My worry is that it's just a lazy "hook" to hang banal Marvel action sequences off of (with the added eye candy of happening at any point in history).

Admittedly, the charismatic acting and great VFX would still make this an enjoyable watch but it risks being entirely forgettable.

Spoiler

I think it’ll end with Loki disagreeing with them and actually blowing up the TVA, meaning they’ll actually create more “mayhem” (Dr Strange 2)

Watched Captain Marvel today. I wasn’t aware that there was even a character named Captain Marvel before I watched this. 
Really enjoyed this one, know the name Brie Larson but I am not sure if I have ever seen her in anything, that said she was excellent in the lead, also great to see the origins and therefore more screen time for Nick Fury. 
My assumption was this was the first film after Sam Lee died so a nice understated tribute at the start and the cameo was perfect as a fan of Kevin Smiths view askew universe films.
Rated this one fairly high. 

51 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Watched Captain Marvel today. I wasn’t aware that there was even a character named Captain Marvel before I watched this. 
Really enjoyed this one, know the name Brie Larson but I am not sure if I have ever seen her in anything, that said she was excellent in the lead, also great to see the origins and therefore more screen time for Nick Fury. 
My assumption was this was the first film after Sam Lee died so a nice understated tribute at the start and the cameo was perfect as a fan of Kevin Smiths view askew universe films.

Incoming 

Nerdrage GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

;)

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Watch room, she's brilliant in it 

Â