Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

54 minutes ago, MCU said:

Will we have to pay extra for Shang Chi? I still haven’t seen it yet but want to watch it before Eternals.

Dunno

Its disney+ day on the 12th celebrating the anniversary of it or something and this is the first promotion / trial I've seen in a few months so I'd be surprised if it wasn't included 

On 07/11/2021 at 20:20, wazzap24 said:

I liked Eternals. 

It looks amazing and the cast was pretty decent (wasn’t sold on Angelina Jolie as Thena, but the rest were good). 

It’s not a top tier MCU film, but a good entry in the latest phase. 

2nd cut scene connects to one of the upcoming films I’m most excited about. 

Good effort, looking forward to Hawkeye and Spider-Man rounding off ‘21. 

I wasn’t overly impressed, I think the film at times got boring, but perversely would have been better as a series to flesh it out. I thought Richard Madden was very wooden, yes in a way the character of Ikarus invited that, but there was more that could’ve been done. 

Shang Chi is well worth a watch, some good wuxi a and choreography on the fights, I'd have been happy with more if I'm honest, more of the dad vs gangsters too, was dubious about the final 3rd but I think it actually managed to make itself different enough from the usual superhero stuff to be quite good

Spoiler for the 2nd after credits bit

Spoiler

The sister getting a TV show? She and the 10 rings don't seem worth exploring more in film but of they bring back the fighting ring and throw B characters at it a TV series could be good, not a clue what the central story arc to that would be 

Edited by villa4europe

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Started watching the What Ifs. Finding them very self indulgent and a tad over the top/going to far. 

Are they worth sticking with? 

I watched them all and found most boring. Although some people rave about them. Personally I wouldn’t bother as they are all self indulgent

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

I watched them all and found most boring. Although some people rave about them. Personally I wouldn’t bother as they are all self indulgent

I've had it on in the background as I enjoyed the 3rd one. 

They're not great, some are good and some kinda awful but I've watched worse. 

Very self indulgent though and absolute nonsense in some bits. 

On 14/11/2021 at 11:23, Rds1983 said:

Started watching the What Ifs. Finding them very self indulgent and a tad over the top/going to far. 

Are they worth sticking with? 

I thought one or two were better than most of the films. The Doctor Strange one was great. I was dubious about watching them, but for me they were surprisingly worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

I thought one or two were better than most of the films. The Doctor Strange one was great. I was dubious about watching them, but for me they were surprisingly worthwhile.

Yeah, a couple were very good, some were poor and some average. Some of it is ridiculous and makes no sense and some is very heavy handed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Yeah, a couple were very good, some were poor and some average. Some of it is ridiculous and makes no sense and some is very heavy handed. 

That's probably a fair assessment!

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

Thought they showed way to much in this trailer and ruined a lot of surprises. What was the point of it. they already know the film is going to be huge.

Spoiler

Plus its very obvious they have CGI ed out someone out of one of the scenes

35 minutes ago, heffoman said:

Thought they showed way to much in this trailer and ruined a lot of surprises. What was the point of it. they already know the film is going to be huge.

Hide contents

it will be

but its also coming off the back of what i think is their worst performing film to date, eternals is definitely their lowest rated film

got to hammer this home

4 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Watched Shang-Chi at the weekend and thought it was okay. Definitely low tier marvel 6.5/10

Felt exactly the same. Probably my least favourite out of every film so far but still good. Just shows how amazing the MCU is. Eternals next. I read some of the comics last year in lockdown (I never read comics) so intrigued to see how it's portrayed on the big screen.

The new Spider-Man trailer has got me almost as excited as Infinity War + Endgame did, really can't wait.

Spoiler

Toby!

4 hours ago, heffoman said:

Reveal hidden contents

ive seen a spoiler for the spoiler on social media

Spoiler

where they've managed to remove something but not removed the impact he's had on another character...

there are 3 villains so maybe you can assume there are also 3 spidermen

• Like 1

Â