Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

20 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

that's an odd choice...

243138353_10158255582627344_622639980894

The Hot Toys figure got announced last night and includes this comparison to the Venom they've just released. And he's noticeably bigger.

The Sony Venom is oversized to begin with but Carnage is never a bigger character, he's always smaller and more lean. Venom is a brute, Carnage is lithe and vicious. So yeah, odd choice.

• Like 2

My first thought was that he's a bit small, had an impression that he was Tom Holland kind of size but he's actually 6ft 2 which surprised me

No doubt in a years time he'll be on a mens health YouTube special showing you his fridge and work out routine as he's absolutely ripped (but obviously skipping over his drugs cupboard) 

No doubting that he's got the chops, good actor 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My first thought was that he's a bit small, had an impression that he was Tom Holland kind of size but he's actually 6ft 2 which surprised me

No doubt in a years time he'll be on a mens health YouTube special showing you his fridge and work out routine as he's absolutely ripped (but obviously skipping over his drugs cupboard) 

It would have been interesting to see him as Pennywise as I believe he was one of the frontrunners. Although to be fair Bill Skarsgard did a terrific job.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

He'll definitely get jacked and do that precise video... Calling it now 'chicken and broccoli', some basic exercises and saying how anyone can achieve it in only a few months. With no mention of the personal chefs, trainers and Dr's to monitor blood work and 'hormone' levels. It'll still be hard work for him but made a whole lot easier than for you or I to do it. 

What I'm actually not sure on is whether he's good looking enough for the role? The character is meant to be literally perfection from what I remember. Surprised it didn't go to a random Hemsworth brother. I've no idea if he is a 'stunner' but from the little I know of him he isn't a heart-throb (could easily be wrong). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

He'll definitely get jacked and do that precise video... Calling it now 'chicken and broccoli', some basic exercises and saying how anyone can achieve it in only a few months. With no mention of the personal chefs, trainers and Dr's to monitor blood work and 'hormone' levels. It'll still be hard work for him but made a whole lot easier than for you or I to do it. 

What I'm actually not sure on is whether he's good looking enough for the role? The character is meant to be literally perfection from what I remember. Surprised it didn't go to a random Hemsworth brother. I've no idea if he is a 'stunner' but from the little I know of him he isn't a heart-throb (could easily be wrong). 

Without going off topic too much, I’ll never forget watching an interview with Hugh Jackman saying he had to wake up in the night to eat plain chicken breasts as part of his diet for playing Wolverine. Said he hated it. Don’t get me wrong he pulled it off but **** that. 

Back on topic - finally finished What If? yesterday.

Enjoyed it. Can’t believe how much they’re pushing this multiverse stuff. Basically saying the next phase is revolving around this and giving us a little taster with the series of what’s to come. 

On 12/10/2021 at 20:55, MCU said:

Back on topic - finally finished What If? yesterday.

Enjoyed it. Can’t believe how much they’re pushing this multiverse stuff. Basically saying the next phase is revolving around this and giving us a little taster with the series of what’s to come. 

I’ve watched it all, but couldn’t really get into it. I’ve seen online people raving about Boseman as Starlord, but I found it a bit too self righteous. 

Agreed about the pushing the multiverse a lot though. Whilst I can see the merits, if they bring back “dead”characters I’ll be a bit annoyed.

• Like 1

Eternals reviews suggest it's a misfire. Which is a shame but not a shocker. I was banking on it being more of a visual treat than anything so I shouldn't be too disappointed with it.

Interestingly it seems the post credits scene has caused some uproar.

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Eternals reviews suggest it's a misfire. Which is a shame but not a shocker. I was banking on it being more of a visual treat than anything so I shouldn't be too disappointed with it.

Interestingly it seems the post credits scene has caused some uproar.

Spoiler

Does this mean the MCU can only go in one direction?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got no problem with it personally 

Spoiler

It's not like the MCU or Disney are trying to cash in on his fame and tap in to the market that comes with him

Maybe, just maybe, he got it on merit, he was fine in dunkirk

There's been that many films now even the Hollywood well must be starting to dry up for them

Venom 2…it’s not great. 

Spoiler

They made a big scene that the symbiotes need to connect with their host, with venom not liking others. This is seemingly how they beat Carnage, and yet Carnage had been with Kasady a long time, so that didn’t make sense. 
They didn’t show how carnage got with Kasady. 

Was Shriek a Mutant? 
What happened toStephen Graham at the end?

And then post credit scene, is it now MCU canon? 

I liked Eternals. 

It looks amazing and the cast was pretty decent (wasn’t sold on Angelina Jolie as Thena, but the rest were good). 

It’s not a top tier MCU film, but a good entry in the latest phase. 

2nd cut scene connects to one of the upcoming films I’m most excited about. 

Good effort, looking forward to Hawkeye and Spider-Man rounding off ‘21. 

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

disney+ have announced that they are putting 13 of the MCU movies in to imax format

they're also adding shang chi on the 12th

Will we have to pay extra for Shang Chi? I still haven’t seen it yet but want to watch it before Eternals.

One of these countries was allowed to buy a PL team...

‘Eternals’ Pulled From Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait in Apparent Ban

Sources suggest the inclusion of the MCU's first same-gender couple is causing issues in the Gulf.

Sources suggest the decision was likely made over the inclusion of a same-gender couple in the film and the MCU’s first gay superhero. In one scene, the character, Phastos (played by Brian Tyree Henry), and his on-screen husband, Ben (Haaz Sleiman), share a kiss.

Homosexuality is still officially illegal across the Gulf, and films containing anything related to LGBTQ issues are frequently pulled from release. Last year, the Pixar title Onward was banned across Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia over a single line referencing a lesbian relationship.

One regional cinema chain explained that Eternals had been “banned” but said they hadn’t been told why.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/eternals-banned-saudi-arabia-qatar-kuwait-1235042241/

Â