Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

I am 3 episodes in to Wandavision. This seems to be the point when it kicks up a notch. I suspect when it was put out a lot of you were thinking wtf for the first couple of episodes. 

• Like 2

Wandavision was excellent. Wanda in the films didn’t really interest me hugely. All the leads and supporting cast have been excellent. Particularly the last 2 episodes. Great show. 

• Like 2

Loki so far:

Ep. 1: Star Trek

Ep. 2: Doctor Who

Ep. 3: Very Doctor Who

Ep. 4: Lucifer

I mean, I'm enjoying it alright, but as I feared when the first episode aired it isn't really its own "thing" and doesn't feel very much like it really has anything to do actually with Loki. It could effectively be any generic character in this show.

This week's Loki was pretty good. I'm fairly certain of where it's going now, but it's been a fun series overall.

If nothing else

Spoiler

60s comic Loki and AlLokitor 

are worth the price of admission.

Also that episode is an Easter egg hunt for random references

Spoiler

The Thanos copter! Throg! Ronan's ship! A helicarrier! Polybius! The Philadelphia Experiment!

Edited by Chindie

Watched the first episode of Falcon and The Winter Soldier. A bit slow, I will watch it but it definitely didn’t grab me, and as the leads are 2 of the weakest characters in my opinion, this may be a slog. 

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought it was better than Wandavision but very generic and doesn't do anything other than exactly what you'd expect it to do, it's paint by numbers stuff

I looked to see how long the series was. If it was 10 episodes I would consider skipping. I will watch it as its relatively short. 

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I looked to see how long the series was. If it was 10 episodes I would consider skipping. I will watch it as its relatively short. 

They introduce someone who is seemingly important for a rumoured new off shoot in about the 6th episode too

• Thanks 1

Black Widow

The long awaited Black Widow solo outing finally arrives. Thanks to Covid its sat on the shelf for a year and has ultimately ended up getting a release on Disney+ and in cinemas. Worth the wait?

The film follows Natasha Romanoff in the aftermath of her involvement in Civil War, with her on the run having broken the Accords. Meanwhile, her 'sister' Yelena, also a Widow, on a mission of her own, has a revelation that will lead to a family reunion and a mission to set things right.

This is solid B tier MCU stuff. It's basically a side story that is largely irrelevant to the overall MCU plot and pretty much acts as a gap filler. It's got a great cast and good action. What it doesn't have is a particularly great story or villain. The plot does what it needs to do, it fills a bit of Natasha's background and gives her character some more explicit depth. But it's let down by an absentee villain and a glorified henchman.

But, it's solid. It's good to be back in the MCU, it's good to be given something more akin to a spy thriller with lower stakes.

And yes there's a post credit scene. It's not a great one but sets up some future developments.

• Like 2

I was kinda disappointed with Black Widow if I'm honest. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it but I found it a bit boring. Definitely low level Marvel for me but still decent enough. Quite often a second viewing makes me like a film more so maybe it'll be the case with this. 6.5/10

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I’m taking my lad and a few of his mates to see Black Widow one night this week. 

I’ll enjoy it purely for the visuals 😁

It's enjoyable enough, not a classic but there are parts I really liked. The cast and characters closest to BW were great and I particularly enjoyed a running gag from Florence Pugh about something that BW often does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Black Widow just seemed like an advert for future projects to be honest . It's clearly a film nobody wanted and it's been made with the same intensity .

There's been a huge drop off in quality  post End Game IMO.

On 10/07/2021 at 00:00, Chindie said:

Black Widow

The long awaited Black Widow solo outing finally arrives. Thanks to Covid its sat on the shelf for a year and has ultimately ended up getting a release on Disney+ and in cinemas. Worth the wait?

The film follows Natasha Romanoff in the aftermath of her involvement in Civil War, with her on the run having broken the Accords. Meanwhile, her 'sister' Yelena, also a Widow, on a mission of her own, has a revelation that will lead to a family reunion and a mission to set things right.

This is solid B tier MCU stuff. It's basically a side story that is largely irrelevant to the overall MCU plot and pretty much acts as a gap filler. It's got a great cast and good action. What it doesn't have is a particularly great story or villain. The plot does what it needs to do, it fills a bit of Natasha's background and gives her character some more explicit depth. But it's let down by an absentee villain and a glorified henchman.

But, it's solid. It's good to be back in the MCU, it's good to be given something more akin to a spy thriller with lower stakes.

And yes there's a post credit scene. It's not a great one but sets up some future developments.

My brother in law went to see this and said it reminded him of a higher octane Red Sparrow, any truth in his review without giving much away ? 

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

My brother in law went to see this and said it reminded him of a higher octane Red Sparrow, any truth in his review without giving much away ? 

I've never seen Red Sparrow that I can recall but from what I think I know of the plot, the film plays with similar concepts in some ways.

• Thanks 1

Â