Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

ive seen a spoiler for the spoiler on social media

Hide contents

where they've managed to remove something but not removed the impact he's had on another character...

there are 3 villains so maybe you can assume there are also 3 spidermen

Spoiler

I think there's actually more than 3 villains. Doc Oc, Green goblin and Electro are there but I also spotted Sandman in the trailer. 

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think there's actually more than 3 villains. Doc Oc, Green goblin and Electro are there but I also spotted Sandman in the trailer. 

Spoiler

There's at least 5 villains in the trailer, Doc Ock, Sandman, Electro, Goblin and Lizard.

And there's possibly the New Goblin from Spider-Man 3 as well. And I daresay possibly more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:
  Hide contents

There's at least 5 villains in the trailer, Doc Ock, Sandman, Electro, Goblin and Lizard.

And there's possibly the New Goblin from Spider-Man 3 as well. And I daresay possibly more.

Spoiler

Have only watched it once and obviously missed stuff. Will watch again. 

Spoiler

It's the scene where you can see him jump towards electro, sandman and lizard, watch lizard for a split second, he gets hit by something that has been removed from the trailer 

Edit 2.20 on Chindies video

I also got a strange notion from that trailer that they'll flip doc oc

Edited by villa4europe

Finally watched loki in the last couple of days, really enjoyed it, hiddlestone is great so is wilson

I'd say the whole thing is a bit of nonsense but also seemingly where the whole thing is now going 

The quality of it was top notch, looked great 

Maybe they could have added another episode early on with him chasing the variant, wouldn't have added anything but maybe just had a bit more fun with it, taken him somewhere and had a play 

• Like 2

Hawkeye has started better than I expected. I'm not that familiar with Kate Bishop but I know the work Matt Fraction did with the character a few years back was very well received (and he's been involved with the series apparently), and this has had a decent 'spin off side quest' feel to it.

It helps that Hailee Steinfeld is very good and she and Renner have solid chemistry. Also Renner has aged like milk. His face these days  can be described in grades of grit. Looks like he's a couple of vodka sessions off 240grit. He could almost play a Groundhog Day era Bill Murray. After a month long bender.

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

Hawkeye has started better than I expected. I'm not that familiar with Kate Bishop but I know the work Matt Fraction did with the character a few years back was very well received (and he's been involved with the series apparently), and this has had a decent 'spin off side quest' feel to it.

It helps that Hailee Steinfeld is very good and she and Renner have solid chemistry. Also Renner has aged like milk. His face these days  can be described in grades of grit. Looks like he's a couple of vodka sessions off 240grit. He could almost play a Groundhog Day era Bill Murray. After a month long bender.

Watching it with the Mrs I turned to her at one point and said “what’s happened to Jeremy Renner’s face!?” He’ll have a face like Harry Redknapp in a few years at this rate.

Luckily I could watch Hailee Steinfeld’s face all day 😅

I had very low expectations for Hawkeye if I am honest but the 1st episode was decent enough for me to want to carry on watching. It's only early days but it is still probably my least favorite of all the new Marvel shows

On 26/11/2021 at 09:45, Bizzzle said:

I had very low expectations for Hawkeye if I am honest but the 1st episode was decent enough for me to want to carry on watching. It's only early days but it is still probably my least favorite of all the new Marvel shows

I actually take this back 3 episodes in. I'm really enjoying and it's definitely not my least favourite of the new Marvel shows 

Hawkeye is generally really well received then which surprises me as I wasn’t going to bother with this one and was probably just going to end up looking up the major developments to have a break and arrest my increasing marvel fatigue but I might give it a watch now :) 

Edited by Eidolon

Saw the 10 rings one the other night now it's on Disney. Decent fun. Took me a while to realise one of the characters was Ghandi ( Ben Kingsley ). He was good fun. Suspect more fun on the big screen, but after blitzed by cineworld's insistent determination I watch this film in 4Dx, as promoted by the actors, I felt compelled to refuse. 

Looking forward to Hawkeye myself. I've enjoyed both the loki and falcon efforts already so I'm sure it'll be fine. ( not seen the vision/wanda show yet, reviews made me pretty wary )

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Saw the 10 rings one the other night now it's on Disney. Decent fun. Took me a while to realise one of the characters was Ghandi ( Ben Kingsley ). He was good fun. Suspect more fun on the big screen, but after blitzed by cineworld's insistent determination I watch this film in 4Dx, as promoted by the actors, I felt compelled to refuse. 

Looking forward to Hawkeye myself. I've enjoyed both the loki and falcon efforts already so I'm sure it'll be fine. ( not seen the vision/wanda show yet, reviews made me pretty wary )

I actually thought this character did its very best to spoil the whole film. Totally pointless in my opinion. Oh and don't get me started on his accent, oh my days.

33 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I actually thought this character did its very best to spoil the whole film. Totally pointless in my opinion. Oh and don't get me started on his accent, oh my days.

I'm guessing he was under instruction to play it a particular way. Ben Kingsley is a world class actor.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

I'm guessing he was under instruction to play it a particular way. Ben Kingsley is a world class actor.

Easy pay day for him, and what was all that stuff with the Liverpool scarf????

11 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Easy pay day for him, and what was all that stuff with the Liverpool scarf????

I think the character originated from Liverpool, despite BK’s accent, hence the scarf… Kingsley can’t do scouse! 

In Iron Man 3, Kingsley's character is shown to be a Liverpool fan, he's watching Liverpool v Chelsea when he's found by Stark.

They retconned it when the character was so divisive, he's broken out of prison in a One-shot short called Hail to the King (which was on the Blu-ray of Thor Dark World iirc), ostensibly by the Ten Rings. Shang-chi basically closes off his story.

Â