Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

On 17/04/2021 at 23:13, Chindie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There's not that much to say really.

There's been a few people that have taken the name Madame Hydra. One is more well known as Viper (technically appears the film the Wolverine), the one we've got here is probably the second most well known, who is effectively a double agent. She worked with SHIELD for years, as a spy, but it becomes known that she was actually a Hydra agent all along and had assumed the title of Madame Hydra from Viper. She has history with Nick Fury as well.

Ultimately though there's nothing that interesting about the character. It's just a name given for high ranking women in Hydra. The most interesting thing is perhaps that this suggests the MCU isn't done with Hydra as villains for the series.

A big Marvel fan friend of mine suggested that we should already know who she is, on the assumption that she will be appearing in the delayed Black Widow, which should have been released before this new Disney series. Think he's right? 

As it goes, I'm keeping with Falcon and Winter Soldier. Good entertainment for half an hour or so. What's the next one after this, Loki? Any release date yet? 

Loki, then what if then Ms Marvel I think 

But then yeah you're right in that these are all meant to tie in to each other in some sort of way so the films being delayed will have an impact on the TV shows at some point, I haven't got a clue who she is 

5 hours ago, hogso said:

A big Marvel fan friend of mine suggested that we should already know who she is, on the assumption that she will be appearing in the delayed Black Widow, which should have been released before this new Disney series. Think he's right? 

As it goes, I'm keeping with Falcon and Winter Soldier. Good entertainment for half an hour or so. What's the next one after this, Loki? Any release date yet? 

That's apparently the case, that they would be revealed in Black Widow and this was a tie in appearance.

Loki is next, in June I think. I still think the concept of Loki as DB Cooper is glorious.

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

That's apparently the case, that they would be revealed in Black Widow and this was a tie in appearance.

Loki is next, in June I think. I still think the concept of Loki as DB Cooper is glorious.

I'd somehow never even heard of DB Cooper until I saw the trailer and saw people were talking about him being DB Cooper. I then watched a few documentaries on him and its a fascinating story.

Loki is the marvel TV show that I was most looking forward to out of the lot so I can't wait for it after how good WandaVision and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier have been 

16 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

I'd somehow never even heard of DB Cooper until I saw the trailer and saw people were talking about him being DB Cooper. I then watched a few documentaries on him and its a fascinating story.

Loki is the marvel TV show that I was most looking forward to out of the lot so I can't wait for it after how good WandaVision and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier have been 

DB Cooper is mostly known in America, I only know about it because I've watched and listened and read about weird shit since I was a kid. It's an interesting, bizarre story, and it never having been resolved makes it all the better to have him be Loki here.

Loki is actually the series I'm least interested in so far but I'm sure it'll be a fun ride.

Tony Leung! **** yeah!!! Sold. Looks good to me. Bill Pope is heavily involved so not worried at all about the stunts and fighting stuff.

I really liked the music from the trailer too. Hope some of that gets incorporated into the score/soundtrack.

Spoiler

Also I'm 80% certain part of this film is in Madripoor. Which leads me to believe my Power Broker = Mandarin theory is holding more water

• Like 1

Seen some people pushing the Thunderbolts theory re: JLD approaching cap Cap.

Spoiler

Which with Zemo getting binned back to the Raft instead of German Supermax makes a lot of sense 

Edited by theunderstudy
  • Like 1

Finished F&WS

Overall as a series I really enjoyed it which after Wandavision (which I still haven't finished) I'm glad, it had problems, too much of it went nowhere and there were some "big" things that ultimately fell flat, the final episode wasn't great 

Spoiler

The big powerful speech in the middle of the episode wasn't that good imo 

The Sharon Carter stuff fell flat as a pancake

Its a shame all the wakanda, zemo and other cool interesting bits were missing at the end, it didn't really feel like it came together in any kind of way, John walker was just kind of there, the action was OK but not brilliant 

Its not something that I'm sat here saying "ooooh can't wait to see where they take this next" 

Zemo was the best thing about it and after that it was the Isaiah Bradley stuff that really worked 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Finished F&WS

Overall as a series I really enjoyed it which after Wandavision (which I still haven't finished) I'm glad, it had problems, too much of it went nowhere and there were some "big" things that ultimately fell flat, the final episode wasn't great 

Hide contents

The big powerful speech in the middle of the episode wasn't that good imo 

The Sharon Carter stuff fell flat as a pancake

Its a shame all the wakanda, zemo and other cool interesting bits were missing at the end, it didn't really feel like it came together in any kind of way, John walker was just kind of there, the action was OK but not brilliant 

Its not something that I'm sat here saying "ooooh can't wait to see where they take this next" 

Zemo was the best thing about it and after that it was the Isaiah Bradley stuff that really worked 

I enjoyed it, but o do know what you mean. It certainly wasn’t the best episode. 

Spoiler

Zemo did steal it all. 

It’s good that Disney have actually tried to tackle real life issues with the racism issue, they’ll probably lose some fans over that, but that’ll show the ridiculous nature of some people. 

Was really disappointed with the Sharon storyline, although I’d still question whether she is the power broker or working for them 

• Like 1

Falcon and the Winter Soldier ended fairly well.

Spoiler

Was really the only way it could end and they did it fairly well.

There's problems - Sharon being the Power Broker is a bit of a thing out of nowhere and there's basically no justification for her turning heel.

The antagonists generally are a problem really. The Flag Smashers are just a bit shit. They've taken this very good idea (terror group born of the Blip) but then kinda did nothing with it. It's not helped by them wanting to portray then more sympathetically so they got given very generic outfits to not create a barrier to the audience's sympathy, and also, sadly, because the lead is a dreadful actor. Sorry, she has the accent and everything but she's a godawful actor.

Nice to see US Agent get formally revealed, and while the helmet still looks bad it's better on that costume.

Speaking of costumes, Sam's Cap look is very faithful to the comics but... I dunno. Doesn't quite work. The thing around the head, the Gambit look, doesn't really work somehow. But still, fine. And ultimately Sam's storyline paid off with the political points the show wanted to make. Albeit make them work a sledgehammer.

Overall, decent enough series, not great,a bit rough in parts, but fine.

• Like 1

Just watched Black Panther. I see why it was popular. Of course Martin Freeman spoiled it with that accent, and dare I say it was lacking on action. That all aside I would place it mid table in the list of MCU films I have seen so far. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â