Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

On 01/07/2021 at 08:20, Seat68 said:

I am 3 episodes in to Wandavision. This seems to be the point when it kicks up a notch. I suspect when it was put out a lot of you were thinking wtf for the first couple of episodes. 

I gave up after the first 1.5 episodes.  Are you saying it gets much better afterwards? Because those first two episodes were strange and rubbish.

41 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I gave up after the first 1.5 episodes.  Are you saying it gets much better afterwards? Because those first two episodes were strange and rubbish.

Very strange but I think episode 3 onwards it was well worth it. 

11 hours ago, ender4 said:

I really enjoyed it. It definitely changes beyond all comparison after the first 1.5 episodes! Episode 3, if I remember correctly, couldn't be more different. Maybe it's 4. But I think it's 3. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ender4 said:

and me, then went back to it and there were some good episodes, then the end of i think episode 8 was that **** bad i havent gone back and finished it

the style of it which people lauded it so much killed it for me, i hated it

the time thing isn't really a spoiler i dont think but just in case - 

Spoiler

first episode is 50s TV, 2nd is 60s, 3rd and onwards goes in to 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s so the filming style gets better per episode, the 00s one was good

more of a spoiler but nothing really bad, nothing on the story

Spoiler

i think its episode 3 or 4 that they then start spending more of each episode outside in the proper current world and its filmed normally

Edited by villa4europe

thought black widow was surprisingly okish

its got tons of problems, it feels pointless and BW herself isn't that interesting a character to me, they solved the shit baddie problem by having 2 shit baddies, neither of which get enough screen time, taskmaster for me personally is completely wasted because their skillset isn't fully required due to the skillset of BW i think to get the most out of TM they would need to be fighting multiple avengers and then mixing everything up and copying each one vs the other the problem there being TM also didn't seem powerful or bad enough to take on the avengers, it had a problem like quantum of solace in that the whole thing felt like each quieter scene was a set up for the action and each action scene felt like it was just getting you to the quieter scene, it had no real flow to it (spoiler) i also thought some of the fight choreography wasn't the best

Spoiler

the main flow of the film - go meet the sister to find the red room, she doesnt know where it is so go get the dad to find the red room he doesnt know where it is so go get the mom... it wasnt great

the sisters having a fight when they first meet is the epitome of them shoe horning in action

all that said...i think the family 4 just about pull it out of the fire, the constant sniping is the best part of the film, the quality of the whole film in terms of the visuals and cinematography is top notch as usual, some of the action is great, id say the bizarre casting of ray winstone aside the cast is great, another spoiler...

Spoiler

im glad they didnt do flashbacks and montages of their training in the red room which if im honest i expected but thats been done to death already and im sure most of us can use other films and tv shows to fill that gap in

its probably a 7/10, dont think i'll ever watch it again and im not overly fussed about what it means for the future either

• Like 1

Three episodes into the Falcon and the winter soldier. Its definitely picked up and great to see someone from Tamworth in a prominent role. Without looking anything up and time will tell. 

Spoiler

Captain america, he seems a wrong un. Unsure if its intentional. I am not feeling him at all and my hope is he is a wrong un and I don’t have to tolerate him in future films as Captain America. 

Black Widow was enjoyable for me. Ray Winstone's accent kept making me laugh and 

Spoiler

Thanks to Olga Kurylenkos billing and the fact I'd not seen her 30 mins into the film or in any promotional material tipped off the twist of her being Taskmaster and her being Drakov's daughter. 

Overall though I enjoyed it. David Harbour seemed to be having a lot of fun and Florence Pugh was really good too. Interested to see where they go with her next especially considering the post-credits scene 

Edited by theunderstudy
  • Like 1

NOW - onto Loki having seen the finale. I got it wrong-ish. 

Spoiler

JONATHAN MAJORS AS KANG! He's excellent and it seems perfectly cast. I thought he'd be a cameo at the end rather than where he was. Multi-verse is fully open now and Sylvie should have trusted Loki. Interested to see where exactly Loki has gone and in what universe

Looking forward to season 2. They've knocked it out the park.

Also this pretty much confirms Marvels direction for Phase 4 being multiversal given Ant-Man, Spider-Man and Dr. Strange movies coming up 

Edited by theunderstudy

51 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

NOW - onto Loki having seen the finale. I got it wrong-ish. 

Reveal hidden contents

JONATHAN MAJORS AS KANG! He's excellent and it seems perfectly cast. I thought he'd be a cameo at the end rather than where he was. Multi-verse is fully open now and Sylvie should have trusted Loki. Interested to see where exactly Loki has gone and in what universe

Looking forward to season 2. They've knocked it out the park.

Also this pretty much confirms Marvels direction for Phase 4 being multiversal given Ant-Man, Spider-Man and Dr. Strange movies coming up 

Is it good? Questions answered? Can't wait to get home later and watch it!

Loki finale was good.

Spoiler

Definitely sets up the multiverse, I just hope it’s not an overkill with it all, as it could become a little monotonous if they keep bringing back dead characters etc. 

Loki all alone at the end was great and he looked broken when Mobius didn’t know him.

• Like 2

Black Widow 6.5/10

Action shots were decent, the relationship between Pugh and Johanssen was good and they had good chemistry. David Harbour was clearly having fun in the role.
But a bit lacking in story and villain. 

Spoiler

The Red Room up in the sky was ridiculous and you never felt he was a threat anyway. 
Not knowing the comics it still seemed a waste of Taskmaster

Falcon and the winter snowman. A tough one to get through as I didn’t really care about any of it. Obviously it sets up characters for the future but I am glad that one is over. It was fairly dull, uninspiring characters, it wasn’t good for me. 

20 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Falcon and the winter snowman. A tough one to get through as I didn’t really care about any of it. Obviously it sets up characters for the future but I am glad that one is over. It was fairly dull, uninspiring characters, it wasn’t good for me. 

I thought it was OK but the ginger freckled baddie was totally unbelievable. Her accent really got my back up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I thought it was OK but the ginger freckled baddie was totally unbelievable. Her accent really got my back up.

I started watching Loki last night. As first episodes go it hit the spot. 

Â