New Manager Speculation

maqroll

I believe if John Terry is our next manager the players will receive a big boost and we should therefore see a decent new manager bounce. The unknowns are of course can he coach, what sort of football style would he try to produce, how much knowledge does he have of players other than PL etc?

If Henry was a risk then JT is surely equally if not more of a risk. He hasn’t even learnt the art of bib distribution yet!

I think he would have made a good assistant to TH, but as no.1 there are more questions than answers at the moment. 

Of course we’re all basing our opinions on what the clueless and pathetic press are coming up with, which is 95% rubbish. 

Edited by DaveAV1

9 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Monaco suits him better than we do. We are a tough gig and Henry knows it. 

Obviously I don’t know the guy, but I’m starting to form the opinion that TH was looking for a job that was a nice project for him, rather than a real challenge. Monaco being the former and Villa the later. 

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I believe if John Terry is our next manager the players will receive a big boost and we should therefore see a decent new manager bounce. The unknowns are of course can he coach, what sort of football style would he try to produce, how much knowledge does he have of players other than PL etc?

If Henry was a risk then JT is surely equally if not more of a risk. He hasn’t even learnt the art of bib distribution yet!

I think he would have made a good assistant to TH, but as no.1 there are more questions than answers at the moment. 

Of course we’re all basing our opinions on what the clueless and pathetic press are coming up with, which is 95% rubbish. 

We need some top coaches that can set us up and make use of our attacking talent.  It’s going to potentially take time to learn how to play a new way. 

All eyes are on our next manager understandably. I’ll be interested to see who our new coaches are too. 

I don't buy that Monaco are a better bet. Monaco are relegation threatened, and it's got to be hard to come back from getting relegated in your first managing gig. Sure, he backs himself to turn it around but it's not always possible to stop the rot. 

Looking at the Villa squad and current position we look odds on for a mid table finish. As long as he doesn't go full Sherwood, this gig will only have upside for Henry for this season at least. Steer Villa to promotion and you are a legend. Miss promotion and you have plenty of ready made excuses (largely the state of the defence left by the previous guy), and you'll probably end up with better offers elsewhere at season's end, especially if the FFP fairies eventually catch up with us. 

3 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Am i the only one who is concerned about the new owners? I would have hoped with the Bruce situation that they would have put us in a position to move quickly , the end of Bruce was inevitable weeks ago.

Quite the opposite, they clearly wanted Bruce to turn it around but saw the pressure was getting to him and the fans so acted. Hence why no candidates were being sought before we sacked him. Now they aren’t rushing an appointment and making taking all the correct procedures to ensure they get the best man for the job. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Obviously I don’t know the guy, but I’m starting to form the opinion that TH was looking for a job that was a nice project for him, rather than a real challenge. Monaco being the former and Villa the later. 

Good point.

9 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Am i the only one who is concerned about the new owners? I would have hoped with the Bruce situation that they would have put us in a position to move quickly , the end of Bruce was inevitable weeks ago.

Very, very early days...I am not overly taken with Pursilow, and Jesus - Although the manager is by good a stretch the most significant appointment they will make.....heres hoping.

Imagine Monaco appoint someone else that isn't Henry. Henry will perhaps make himself look like a bit of a diva turning us and Bordeaux down.

Onto villa matters. If its JT and I still suspect it won't be as manager yet, it would be very interesting to see who he brings with him as backroom team

32 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Monaco had a good team a few years ago but sold everyone and replaced them with youth, and they're third bottom, four points adrift. Presumably it's a bit of a challenge to turn that around and get them competing with insanely rich PSG and so on.

Sounds like making excuses to me as to why he wouldn't want to walk into our mess over that.

• Like 1

Went off Henry after I realised he weren’t fully committed to taking the villa job. I think he was in the running, and was giving it some serious consideration, but obviously Monaco seems his preferred destination. We want someone, that really wants the job, and would love to manage us. Forget Faria too, as I’d think that would be a disaster. I honestly didn’t think Rodgers would be interested, but I’m starting to think he would be up for coming here. 

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

How can Henry officially turn down something that hasnt been officially offered? Villa hadnt been in touch with the Belgian FA last we heard. Where is this rejection if its official?

I still dont think there's one journalist who knows whats going on. Not one.

You are right, that is unless we spoke to him late last night which I doubt. I highly doubt we have not interviewed anyone yet.

I think no one really knows what is going on. If it is true and Henry has turned us down for Monaco its not really a blow as he didn't want to be here.

We move on if that's the case and it hope we went for Rodgers and do our utmost. If you look at this squad its bloody good. If you can get the keeper playing and tighten the defence up then i think this team could go on to challenge

5 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Monaco had a good team a few years ago but sold everyone and replaced them with youth, and they're third bottom, four points adrift. Presumably it's a bit of a challenge to turn that around and get them competing with insanely rich PSG and so on.

Sounds like making excuses to me as to why he wouldn't want to walk into our mess over that.

It’s still a much easier club to manage on the face of it. He’s played there before and he just needs to keep them up this season in what is essentially a one team league. 

The notion that he turned down Aston Villa because we weren’t good enough for him I don’t believe is a valid one. Perhaps he turned down the challenge because it was offered with the caveat, “get promoted sooner rather than later”. Which means he wasn’t good enough for us.