New Manager Speculation

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The club haven’t approached Martinez. Relax ya battys. 

says who.....? according to martinez we havent approached Henry. 

Fwiw ...i dont rm is in the running

44 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Faith is the excuse people give for believing in things without evidence.

There is never a need for that in my view. And especially not when we are in the situation we are in. We need solid decisions based on cold hard facts.

I think there’s room for balance. Facts of course are important. What I was trying to say though, was we’re not really in possession of many of the facts, but you’d like to think that the decision makers are and will do their due diligence on all the candidates.

However appointing a human into almost any job is not an exact science. So cold hard facts are probably at best room temperature squidgy facts. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

They all have to start somewhere.....and if they go on to big things it means the start was good.

have faith.

And I've no problem with him starting somewhere. Just not here. Henry getting his first job at management should be of no interest to you. Aston Villa getting this spot on with little to minimal risk is the priority.  Faith is bollocks talk. Sorry.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can't see Martinez, fresh from a World Cup Semi Final, to then set up camp at a mid table championship side. I suspect he would like a prem or la liga club imo. Anything else would be a trade down.

I dunno, international management can be pretty different. Coleman went from doing pretty well at Wales to abject failure and relegation in the championship. 

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I dunno, international management can be pretty different. Coleman went from doing pretty well at Wales to abject failure and relegation in the championship. 

Yes and I would think Martinez might have taken note of that. Belgium will be one of the favourites for 2020 so I can't see him leaving the job within the next couple of years. Win that and suddenly you could get a job club job again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Yes, but Coleman didn't invent passing like Roberto Martinez did.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, hippo said:

says who.....? according to martinez we havent approached Henry. 

Perhaps we approached Martinez to ask to speak to Henry and he replied "Gis us a job, I can do that." :D

• Like 1