Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can't run and even older, no thanks, we need to think to the future and sign someone much younger with significantly more upside. Impoverished thinking to want Terry back IMO.

I only think short term still. I want to be as high as possible when our hands are freed from FFP.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can't run and even older, no thanks, we need to think to the future and sign someone much younger with significantly more upside. Impoverished thinking to want Terry back IMO.

While I agree with this sentiment, it just seems that there isn't anyone available for us to sign to fit that. Also we are apparently using our other loans for more wingers and not looking at some a center half doesn't help either 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Tuanzebe is a good player and will show that over the season. Being played out of position isn't helping and Terry's start here was hardly stellar either.

I think he is a risk. Don't want to take that kind of risk at CB. Especially since we have untested and wobbly tenders. JT would calm them down a bit.

Also, playing Tuanzebe at CB pushes Chester to the left side of CB, which it seems to me he doesn't like.

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I think he is a risk. Don't want to take that kind of risk at CB. Especially since we have untested and wobbly tenders. JT would calm them down a bit.

Also, playing Tuanzebe at CB pushes Chester to the left side of CB, which it seems to me he doesn't like.

Let's face it.

Tuanzebe is a risk because he's young and untested.

Elphick is a risk because he's not very good.

Jedi is a risk because he's slow, uncomfortable in the position and likely to break down if played more than once a week.

Terry is a risk because his legs are gone and he's at least semi (giggity) retired without a pre-season.

Relying on any of them is a risk.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Let's face it.

Tuanzebe is a risk because he's young and untested.

Elphick is a risk because he's not very good.

Jedi is a risk because he's slow, uncomfortable in the position and likely to break down if played more than once a week.

Terry is a risk because his legs are gone and he's at least semi (giggity) retired without a pre-season.

Relying on any of then is a risk.

Terry doesn't need a preseason if he's been keeping himself in decent shape. 

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Terry doesn't need a preseason if he's been keeping himself in decent shape. 

Honestly think a 38 y.o need more than decent shape to be able to manage a 46 (or 40 something pending when he signs) game season.

Unless he's been truly dedicated with his agility and cardio a think he might struggle and pick up injury after injury.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Honestly think a 38 y.o need more than decent shape to be able to manage a 46 (or 40 something pending when he signs) game season.

Unless he's been truly dedicated with his agility and cardio a think he might struggle and pick up injury after injury.

I believe he's been training, or he wouldn't come back. He's not one of those who hang on as laughing stocks.

Â