Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Maybe try and get this guy on trial to see what he is like he was close to Leeds few weeks back. Maybe Leeds will be back in but worth seeing what he is like!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/721755/Leeds-transfer-news-Jerry-Mbakogu-target-deal-latest

Mbakogu has been on the club's radar all summer as they look to bolster the ranks following Marcelo Bielsa's arrival as manager.

Leeds have drafted in a host of new names as they go for promotion under the ex-Argentina, Chile and Athletic Bilbao boss.

And they could now land Mbakogu on the cheap after Serie B club Carpi announced they've parted company with the player.

They wrote on Twitter: "#Calciomercato: #Carpi FC 1909 communicates consensual termination of business relationship with Jerry #Mbakogu @forzaCarpi #Lega_B"

Leeds have until Thursday to sign players on permanent deals from others, but as Mbakogu is now a free agent they can bide their time and register him after the deadline.

Bielsa's reign got off to the perfect start on Sunday as relegated Stoke were beaten 3-1 at Elland Road.

“Our players were very ambitious and they gave a great effort,” Bielsa said, before reverting to perfectionist mode," he said after the opening day victory.

Edited by Villan4Life

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Martin Odegaard please. Supposedly available for loan to a championship club. RW too. 

Being linked with a move to the championship, I hope it’s us. I remember when Real Madrid signed him, I think he was 15 at the time, was very highly rated. I must admit that I’ve not followed his career at Madrid since.

Edited by 7392craig

After yesterday LB and ST definitely needed. Possibly RW & CB.

LB would push Hutton to RB and Tuanzebe to CB (hopefully). Given he has no 4 shirt I would hope he his stint at RB is limited to yesterday... if he is as good as he is meant to be - no need for a further CB. Was really frustrating watching 3 players play out of position because Taylor isn’t good enough (sadly hasn’t been since that tackle in March 2017). Getting another LB will sort that, hopefully! Vinagre came on yesterday for Wolves so is he really available? Who else have we even been linked to? 

ST - what is going on with Kodjia?! This isn’t the player from 2 seasons ago. Does not look sharp at all. Maybe a confidence issue but still needs to pick up quickly or he will be dropped. Hepburn-Murphy looks better but struggled when balls up pumped up to him, especially when the Wigan defence was twice the size. If we played more along the ground, would likely benefit Kodjia, Hepburn-Murphy and Hogan but that’s another issue. If we have a 15-20 goal striker in place we have got this promotion thing sorted. Abraham seems the solution as fits the mould so to speak but really would just like somebody consistent.

RW - seems Bruce is liking Elmo here and he’s not been bad, but prefer him a bit further back and to have a more supportive role. Snodgrass would be good to have back this season as he knows the team and will have no settling down time. Not sure he’s a long term solution given his age though but so we need that right now? Ødegaard would be interesting long term. Huge reputation but not really broken into Real Madrid team. Did anyone watch Heereveen last season - how was he? 

CB - if Tuanzebe is allowed to play and is good not vital, but wouldn’t say no to a backup option. Huth or Terry would be good (subject to wage demands of course!). Terry as player coach IMO would be ideal. Not expected to play every game but would still have that influence on dressing room.

Get those sorted we should be pushing promotion. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tony said:

Martin Odegaard please. Supposedly available for loan to a championship club. RW too. 

This could be the real ace in the pack. If he comes to the league could we afford to let him go somewhere else?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ponky said:

I mentioned James Collins a while back. Does he have a club yet? I know he's not very mobile but he'd still do the job for us IMO. 

Old, slow, at the end of his career and looking for a last pay day. I’m not sure he’ll fit in with the new owners plans for the future. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Old, slow, at the end of his career and looking for a last pay day. I’m not sure he’ll fit in with the new owners plans for the future. 

Agree Dave.

If we are to be looking at players "over 30" then it should be Terry & Snoddy or none imo.

We don't need people like Huth or Collins etc. After the disaster that was Senderos, Lescott and then Richards we should be very wary of who we bring in these days.

The owners have also said as much regards looking at younger prospects which is one of the few reasons why Snoddy and Terry are not back with us (Unfortunately) - Which imo these two should be an exception based on their efforts of last season.  They would definately bring something to the party.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tony said:

Linked with a move either here or Derby. 
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/martin-odegaard-line-championship-loan-13068254

Makes sense that Real Madrid trust Steve Bruce on youth developement. The youngest player to ever play for Real Madrid, but I guess that is a club where you just don't break into their team while you're still a teen. Maybe he will make it into the Real Madrid team in the future, maybe not. But could still be a decent player, even though he's not good enough for Real Madrid at the moment.

1 hour ago, Fight Like Lions said:

Danny Batth didn’t make Wolves squad yesterday. I’ve not seen much of him but I know we’ve been linked to him before. Worth a try on loan?

I don’t think he is much better than Elphick. He was responsible for 2 of the goals we scored in the 4-1. Wolves fans were very nervous whenever he started for them. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

He would be unbelievable in the Championship on the right wing.

Some of the things he does in that clip is outrageous. Looks like he’d link up well with grealish and it’s is a big if, but if he did come in could be a potential loan to buy with possible buy back option for Madrid. Might just work. 

Â