Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, Straggler said:

Hang on, did he say "add cover"?  If he isn't an automatic first team pick, then what the bollox are we signing him for?

And please for the love of all things decent don't reply with "to play right back".

Cover for right back? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, maxjackle said:

I hope he is a first choice level player but I know nothing about him. If he is a reserve it could make sense FFPwise if Elphick goes on Loan and his wages are lower (which surely they must be).

£8 million for a player to `cover' CB? Surely not.

• Like 1

Apparently Arsenal were after him but didn’t sign in the end, and then West Ham were going to buy before the window closed. I really hope Moukoudi is the real deal, Chester needs a solid and reliable partner at CB.

Edited by alreadyexists

I don't get how they think it will be busy this will be our 5th loan. We can only sign realistically one more unless a free transfer is coming in. I know it won't happen but be great if it was JT. If ship elphick out and get JT in with this guy suddenly looking good at the back.

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't get how they think it will be busy this will be our 5th loan. We can only sign realistically one more unless a free transfer is coming in. I know it won't happen but be great if it was JT. If ship elphick out and get JT in with this guy suddenly looking good at the back.

I think we’re up to 6 already. 2 goal keepers, 2 wingers and if he comes 2 centre backs to play at right back. 

• Haha 1

Hang on

This is a loan, right - so we aren’t paying 7M up front - just a loan fee - right?

Assume the 7M will be paid after the provisional accounts are published in March?

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think we’re up to 6 already. 2 goal keepers, 2 wingers and if he comes 2 centre backs to play at right back. 

Nyland was a regular signing I think.

Just now, SirSteveUK said:

Hang on

This is a loan, right - so we aren’t paying 7M up front - just a loan fee - right?

Assume the 7M will be paid after the provisional accounts are published in March?

think its 7million in January to make it permanent similar with El Ghazi

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Even with Jean Deux Moukoudi come in, we still need a left back and striker IMO.

Reminded me about Makoun who I forgot that he’s ever played for us ?

I think its all about quality signing, Kodjia is still one of the best in this league, Im not sure wether who we will be getting would be an upgrade on him. Also the left back, we need to bring a better quality (which we aren’t asking much as its poor area).

Thats why I think the most important thing is the defender then the LB. I think we could do well and once January come we see how it goes by then.

Â